6 bedroom detached house for saleOkewood Hill, Wallis Wood, Dorking, Surrey, RH5
- 4 reception rooms
- 6 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms
- 35ft Kitchen/breakfast room
- Indoor swimming pool and Gym
- Detached 2 bedroom cottage
- Superb 1700 sq ft Office suite
- Garaging with 1 bedroom annexe above
- Stabling with 4 loose boxes stores and tackroom
- Sand school 2 Lakes Pond and helipad
- Landscaped gardens and grounds In all about 11.85 acres (4.89 ha)
Believed to date from the 16th century, this stunning Grade II listed property has been the subject of considerable renovation and modernisation over recent years and provides exceptional accommodation extending to some 16,000 square feet overall.
The main house combines restored period features, such as notable oak timberwork, open fires, and some magnificent flagstone flooring, with the modern comforts of underfloor heating, wiring for zoned security, lighting, thermostatic heating and entertainment; and an indoor swimming pool.
Detached from the house, but close by there is a superb office suite together with a triple garage with a 1 bedroom annexe above.
Discreetly situated beyond the garage and office building, there is a detached 2 bedroom staff cottage.
The gardens and grounds surround the house and are beautifully landscaped with extensive level lawns, an impressive number of mature oak, willow and fir trees, 2 ornamental lakes, stable yard, and a sand school. In all there are 11.85 acres (4.89 hectares).
This Estate lies on the edge of The Surrey Hills, about 5 miles east of Cranleigh, which has a full complement of shops and services. A more comprehensive range of shopping and recreational facilities are found in Guildford, only 14 miles away.
Communications in the area are excellent with a commuter train service from Guildford to London Waterloo taking from only 34 minutes. The M23 and M25 are easily accessed for Central London and the national motorway network. Both Heathrow and Gatwick airports are convenient, being 37 and 18 miles away respectively.
There are excellent schools in the area which include Cranleigh; Hurtwood House; Duke of Kent; Charterhouse; St Catherine's Bramley; The Royal Grammar, Guildford; The High School for Girls, Guildford; Reigate Grammar.
Oil-fired central heating, mains electricity, private drainage.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference GUC150026. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hamptons International, Prime and Country House. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.