3 bedroom semi-detached house for saleHigh Hallbeck Cottage, Killington, Near Sedbergh, Cumbria
- A very fine Grade II Listed semi-detached country cottage built in stone under a stone flagged and slate roof.
- Traditional features include oak panelling, exposed beams, stone flagged and oak floors, shuttered sash windows and an impressive staircase.
- Spacious but cosy lounge with a wood burning stove.
- Good sized kitchen with handmade solid pine units and a rather splendid Aga stove.
- Three bedrooms with an en-suite shower room to the main bedroom.
- Utility room and cellar.
- Energy efficient wood pellet central heating boiler feeding traditional style cast iron radiators.
- Gardens to front and rear, ample off road car parking and a large outbuilding/workshop.
- Safe rural location set well back from the road along a quiet country lane.
- Within the Kirkby Lonsdale, Kendal and Sedbergh triangle well placed for exploring the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales.
Well placed for Kirkby Lonsdale, Kendal, Sedbergh and the Lake District.
From junction 37 of the M6 motorway follow the A684 road eastwards in the direction of Sedbergh for about two miles, dropping down a hill to the former Black Horse pub, now a house. Turn right here onto the B6256 road signposted to Middleton and Kirkby Lonsdale. Take the second turning on the right signposted to Killington and Old Hutton. Follow the road for exactly one and half miles and the property will be found on the left-hand side.
The property forms part of a cluster of seven dwellings, including two farms, within the peaceful rural community of Killington and within the beautiful Lune Valley.
Killington has a thriving sense of community and the village has a village hall and a church. The school bus service is excellent. The nearest towns are Sedbergh, Kirkby Lonsdale and Kendal, all of which provide excellent shopping, leisure and educational amenities. Junction 37 of the M6 motorway can be reached in about a ten minute drive and Oxenholme Railway Station for the London to Glasgow West Coast line can be reached in about twenty minutes.
Attractively laid out, stone walled garden to front with lawns either side of a stone paved pathway and herbaceous flowerbeds. Gravelled sitting out area.
Beyond the front garden is a further unfenced lawned garden area and a gravelled hardstanding providing parking for several motor vehicles.
Stone walled rear garden with a lawn and raised vegetable beds. Beyond the outbuilding and the neighbour's garage is a rectangular parcel of land currently used as a hen run; this providing a further parking space.
The driveway which extends down the right-hand side of the house and gardens forms part of the property. This is subject to rights of way in favour of the neighbouring properties.
Mains water and electricity. Septic tank shared with three other houses. No gas. Wood pellet fired central heating. Electric Aga.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36530370.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN150115. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.