2 bedroom semi-detached house for sale10A Thorny Hills, Kendal, Cumbria
- A Victorian wing of a fine Georgian house occupying a discreet and private location.
- Recently refurbished and improved to create a stylishly presented and characterful home.
- Two very spacious reception rooms, one with an impressive fireplace and balcony.
- Modern fitted kitchen with built-in appliances.
- Two good sized double bedrooms.
- Refitted, contemporary style bathroom/w.c.
- Gas fired central heating with new boiler.
- Established lawned garden, verandah and garage.
- Excellent location with superb views.
A delightful semi-detached Victorian dwelling house discreetly located in the prestigious and private Thorny Hills, within walking distance of Kendal town centre.
Comprehensively refurbished and improved to create a spacious, characterful and tastefully presented home with two reception room and two bedrooms together with a garden , garage, verandah and balcony. Energy Rating "D".
Open House viewing from 11am - 3pm on Saturday 12th March
From the town centre follow the A6 into Sandes Avenue and Station Road. Turn right at the mini-roundabout signposted to Sedbergh at The County Hotel. Take the next left, just before the bridge over the river. Fork right at the church and follow the road into Thorny Hills. The subject property is immediately to the rear of No.10 Thorny Hills.
The property is the rear wing of a very fine Georgian town house forming part of the highly sought after and prestigious Thorny Hills. The property enjoys excellent views from the rear across leafy gardens towards Kendal Castle and the surrounding woodland grounds. The property also enjoys views across Kendal towards the Lakeland Fells.
Thorny Hills is a private road with the houses arranged on the eastern side of the road whilst the other side adjoins the parkland of Gooseholme. Thorny Hills is wholly within the Kendal Conservation Area and is within easy walking distance of the town centre.
The historic market town of Kendal, renowned as being the gateway to the Lake District, provides an excellent range of shopping leisure, cultural and educational amenities. The town is well placed for junctions 36 and 37 of the M6 motorway and there is a railway station at Oxenholme for the London to Glasgow West Coast line.
Attractive traditional verandah to the side of the house with a timber framed glass roof, providing a sheltered sitting out area.
Delightful fenced and walled garden to rear with a lawn, well stocked herbaceous borders and a paved patio. Balustraded balcony to the lounge with steps leading into the garden.
All mains services are available and connected. Gas fired central heating [new boiler]
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37141179.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN150284. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.