2 bedroom cottage for saleTintern Parva
- DETACHED COTTAGE
- 3 RECEPTION ROOMS
- 2 BEDROOMS
- SITUATED ON OUTSKIRTS OF VILLAGE
- RETAINING MANY OF ITS ORIGINAL FEATURES
- WELL PRESENTED & TASTEFULLY MODERNISED
- IN LARGE MATURE TERRACED GARDEN APPROACHING APPROX 0.3 ACRES
- DRIVEWAY/PARKING AREA ACCESS
- SOUTH-WESTERLY FACING ASPECT
- DOUBLE GLAZING
6 miles north of Chepstow, 7.5 miles from Junction 2 of the M48 Motorway (Chepstow Severn Bridge) and 10 miles south of Monmouth. In the heart of the Lower Wye Valley, a "Designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty", Tintern is famous for its ancient Cistercian Abbey. Situated on the outskirts of the village, this aptly named DETACHED COTTAGE retains many of its original features and enjoys a semi-elevated position with its own driveway/parking area access and a south-westerly facing aspect. Standing in a large mature terraced garden APPROACHING APPROXIMATELY 0.3 ACRES OR THEREABOUTS. The well presented and tastefully modernised accommodation affords Enclosed Entrance Porch, Sitting Room, Study, Dining Room, Kitchen, Utility Room, Bathroom/wc and TWO BEDROOMS. DOUBLE GLAZING. FREEHOLD. Rewired 2010.
The accommodation comprises:
ENCLOSED ENTRANCE PORCH
Flagstone floor, light.
20'0 x 10'6 (6.09m x 3.20m) Slate flooring, original stone inglenook fireplace with multi-fuel/wood burning stove with boiler also supplying central heating and hot water, exposed ceiling beams, sliding half glazed pocket doors leading into:
10'0 x 9'8 (3.04m x 2.94m) Slate flooring, radiator, dual aspect, timber clad sloping ceiling, book shelving, smoke alarm (mains supply).
11'5 x 6'3 (3.47m x 1.90m) Radiator, dual aspect, double glazed French windows opening onto side terrace and garden.
12'8 x 7'9 (3.86m x 2.36m) Fitted with a matching range of base and wall cupboards with worktops with inset 1½ bowl stainless steel sink with chrome mixer tap, display wall cupboard, stainless steel cooker hood, electric cooker point, wall tiling, exposed ceiling beams, quarry tiled floor, integral refrigerator and freezer, pull out larder cupboard, smoke alarm (mains supply).
7'6 x 5'0 (2.28m x 1.52m) Matching range of base and wall cupboards with worktops, inset circular stainless steel sink with chrome mixer tap, wall tiling, chrome ladder style heated towel rail/radiator, plumbing for automatic washing machine, tiled floor, smoke alarm (mains supply), sliding pocket door to:
White suite of shower end bath with electric shower over and side screen, pedestal wash hand basin, low level close coupled wc, fully tiled walls, extractor fan, chrome ladder style heated towel rail/radiator.
STAIRS AND LANDING
Smoke alarm (mains supply).
11'5 x 11'2 (3.47m x 3.40m) Exposed ceiling beams, radiator, built-in cupboard housing the hot water cylinder an immersion heater.
BEDROOM 2 (L Shaped)
11'0 x 9'7 (3.35m x 2.91m) max. Built in range of book-shelving, radiator, exposed ceiling beams, access to loft space.
The property is approached by a driveway providing ample parking and additional parking/turning space. Extensive flagstone paved terracing to the immediate surrounds of the property with numerous flowering shrubs, ornamental trees and water feature. Two metal garden sheds with sliding doors, timber built garden shed. Outside lighting, outside tap. The grounds in total extend to APPROACHING APPROXIMATELY 0.3 ACRES OR THEREABOUTS and include lawns on several levels. There is also a sun deck and gravelled area. Brick built garden shed with tiled roof (repair required).
From Chepstow take the A466 Wye Valley road through St Arvans and on to Tintern. Proceed past the Abbey on the right hand side and turn left immediately before and at the side of the George Hotel. Carry along the road to Raglan. Just after passing the Cherry Tree Inn on the left hand side (closed), Sunnybank is on the right hand side.
Strictly by appointment with ARCHER & CO.
You are advised to obtain a survey & establish that all appliances and services etc. are to your satisfaction before submitting your offer. These property details are subject to change without notice. The property will be sold subject to any Wayleaves, Public or Private Rights of Way, Easements, Covenants & outgoings whether mentioned in these particulars or not. Approx. room dimensions are usually taken as the maximum distance between the walls. Definition of boundaries will need to be clarified by the vendors' solicitors. In respect of any new properties, the developers reserve the right to alter the specification at any build point, without any notice whatsoever. Mileages are approx. E. & O. E.
ARCHER & CO, their clients, and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warrantees in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Archer & Co have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 918071_2506. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Archer & Co, Chepstow. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.