Office for saleSt. Peters Terrace, Barnstaple, Devon
Offers in Region of 776 sq. ft. | £165,000
- 776 sq ft (72 sq m)
* Office space over three floors with views over the Church and Chapel
* Rare opportunity to acquire a Freehold office building
* Providing circa 776 sq.ft (72 sq.m) plus kitchen, toilets and storage
* Historic Grade II listed building
* Close to the main municipal car parks
Geographically, Barnstaple sits on the banks of the River Taw near the North Devon coastline. The area enjoys a unique topography with an extensive sandy beach coastline and close proximity to Exmoor National Park. Barnstaple has expanded from its market town origins, to become the areas Regional Centre. Several national house builders are completing residential developments within the town and its suburbs. Commercially the town contains many of the major national retailers and several edge of town developments have been completed. The sustained wealth and growth of the area has been enhanced following the building of the A361 linking North Devon to the M5 at Tiverton. The road network has been further enhanced by the construction of the new downstream bridge at an estimated cost of £40m.
The subject property is situated within St Peter’s Terrace, part of the Churchyard area, being a historic and highly conserved part of Barnstaple town centre. The premises enjoys access to Barnstaple High Street which is approximately 100 metres away. The property also provides close access to the main post office and the municipal car parks within Queen Street. The property is also close to local landmarks such as the listed Butcher’s Row and the historic Pannier Market. Barnstaple Parish Church, St Anne’s Chapel and the Parish Rooms are also located in the Churchyard area.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being a Grade II listed building of three storey construction under a pitched roof, with a single storey extension to the rear with a mono pitched glazed roof. The building offers circa 776 sq.ft (72 sq.m) of office accommodation, including reception area. Back up facilities includes ladies and gents toilets, kitchen and storage. Internal specification includes false ceilings, spot lighting, strip lighting, fire alarm, burglar alarm, server cabinet, telephonic and computer cabling. Many of the offices overlook the church, chapel, churchyard and green
Our clients are inviting expressions of interest for the Freehold of the building.
Each party is to be responsible for their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
If applicable at the prevailing rate.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Entrance door leading to internal carpeted hallway with false ceiling :-
RECEPTION / OFFICE
11`5 x7`2 (3.50 m x 2.20 m) False ceiling, strip lighting, carpet, understairs storage
22`4 x 11`10 (6.80 m x 3.60 m) Part rear glazed mono pitched roof, strip lighting, spot lighting, carpet, false ceiling, server cabinet, night storage heating, work bench
10`8 x 10`1 (3.25 m x 3.05 m) False ceiling, strip lighting, carpet
Eye and base units, stainless steel single drainer sink, hot water heater, strip lighting
Low level w.c, wash hand basin, hot water heater
Low level w.c, wash hand basin, hot water heater
11`4 x 10`0 (3.45 m x 3.05 m) Strip lighting, carpet, night storage heater, views over Churchyard
11`4 x 10`1 (3.45 m x 3.05 m) Carpet, strip lighting, night storage heater, recessed shelving, views over Churchyard
11`3 x 8`5 (3.45 m x 2.55 m) Carpet, night storage heater, strip lighting, recessed shelving
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-37543116.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 1045. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by JD Commercial, Devon. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.