Residential Development for saleTorrington, Devon
Offers in Region of
1 sq. ft.
- Business for sale
* Town Centre development opportunity
* Conversion of existing building to form 14 apartments
* Consent for 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments
* Car Parking provision
Torrington is a small market town with a large agricultural hinterland, situated approximately 7 miles to the south east of the administrative centre of Bideford and approximately 11 miles to the south west of the sub regional centre of Barnstaple.
The property is situated within Whites Lane just off South Street which forms part of the Town Square, it is also the location for the Town’s main car park. There are a variety of assorted retail, office and leisure users in the Town Centre as well as the refurbished Pannier Market.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The Grade II Listed property is of three storey construction with brick elevations to all sides under a pitched tiled roof. Being the former Vaughan Tapscott Glove Factory, the company crest still remains on the front elevation at the entrance to the building. Internally the ground floor comprises of brick and wood construction, with the upper floors having wood flooring. Planning permission has been granted under application number 1/1396/2003/COU with Listed Building Consent reference 1/1405/2003/LBC. Ground works have commenced and we understand confirmation has been provided to the effect by the Local Authority. The planning consent grants the conversion of the building to 14 apartments being a mix of 1, 2 & 3 bedroomed apartments.
Our client is inviting offers for the Freehold interest. It should be noted that a Section 106 agreement has been completed, dated 2nd December 2005, which includes a restriction prohibiting occupation of any of the units by any person aged below 60. Our clients will consider proposals conditional on prospective purchasers varying the Section 106 agreement to enable occupation of the property by persons of any age.
Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the Local Planning Authority, Torridge District Council, Tel: (01237) 428700.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
Each party to bear their own.
All main connected.
Under the planning application the following residential accommodation is proposed:
Flat 1 - 46.2 Sq.m (497 Sq.ft) - 1 bed
Flat 2 - 46.7 Sq.m (503 Sq.ft) - 1 bed
Flat 3 - 50.4 Sq.m (543 Sq.ft) - 2 bed
Flat 4 - 67.3 Sq.m (724 Sq.ft) - 2 bed
Flat 5 - 65.5 Sq.m (705 Sq.ft) - 3 bed
Flat 6 - 52 Sq.m (560 Sq.ft) - 1 bed
Flat 7 - 52 Sq.m (560 Sq.ft) - 1 bed
Flat 8 - 52 Sq.m (560 Sq.ft) - 2 bed
Flat 9 - 51.4 Sq.m (553 Sq.ft) - 2 bed
Flat 10 - 74.8 Sq.m (805Sq.ft) - 2 bed
Flat 11 - 87.6 Sq.m (943 Sq.ft) - 3 bed
Flat 12 - 48.1 Sq.m (518 Sq.ft) - 1 bed
Flat 13 - 49.4 Sq.m (532 Sq.ft) - 1 bed
Flat 14 - 64.6 Sq.m (695 Sq.ft) - 2 bed
TOTAL - 808 Sq.m (8,698 Sq.ft)
AGENTS NOTE: The above measurements are net internal areas taken architects drawings, interested parties should satisfy themselves by inspection of the plans which are available from the Agents.
To the rear of the property is a proposed parking area for 4 vehicles and a bin store.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-37560036.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 1233. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by JD Commercial, Devon. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.