Pub for saleBideford, Devon
Offers in Region of £495,000
- Business for sale
* Just 10 minutes from Bideford town
* Same family ownership for over 100 years
* Extensive public areas including public bar and 3 restaurant areas
* Car parking and beer garden
* Countryside views from both commercial and residential parts
* Owners 4 bedroomed farmhouse adjoining
* Owners private garden and car parking
The village of Littleham is located 3 miles south of Bideford which access to the A39 and A386, West and East respectively, approximately 2 miles either side, with the premises situated within the village centre, signposted just off the main road through the village.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Parts of the property date back to the 19th century when the premises was the Farmhouse for a local farm. In 1977 part of the property was converted to a public house with additional rooms incorporated from the farmhouse over time to meet increased demand for business. Now the property provides extensive public bar and restaurant areas with the completion of an extension in 2007. The original farmhouse building is of two storey construction under a pitched slate roof with the public areas having increased in floor area by the extension which is of single storey construction under a pitched slate roof. Adjoining the commercial parts is the original farmhouse which provides four bedroomed family accommodation, private car parking and two private garden areas. Further outside space for the commercial parts include private driveway, extensive car parking for circa 40 vehicles and beer garden.
Our clients are inviting offers for the freehold interest.
The business has been operated by the same husband and wife partnership in the family for the past 9 years, with additional staff employed dependent on the time of year. It is the first time the Freehold has been openly marketed in over 120 years. Current operating hours are Mon – Sat 11.30am – 3.30pm, Sun 12.00pm – 3.30pm, Mon – Sun from 6.00pm. The last three years have provided a turnover of between £290,000 and £300,000 with our clients having lived out of the business. During their tenure the owners have invested capital into the building, by among other things rewiring in 2004 and the construction of an extension in 2007. Business is assisted by various teams that utilise the venue including skittles, euchre and darts as well as regular events including quiz nights, music nights and seasonal events. Further accountancy information will be made available to those that have viewed the property.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Veranda entrance with double glazed doors
20`1 x 18`7 (6.40 m x 5.65 m) Table and chair seating providing covers for circa 25, double glazing, well mounted TV, carpet, quiz machine, fruit machine, electric wall heater
36`11 x 13`5 (11.25 m x 4.10 m) Sofa seating, further covers for circa 8, electric heating, darts board, return bar servery with media player, assorted beer fonts, non slip flooring, glass washer, stainless steel single drainer sink, ice machine, 2 x double chillers, wine chiller, till, optics rack
17`2 x 14`7 (5.25 m x 4.45 m) Return bar servery from public bar, covers for circa 16 / 18, fireplace with slate hearth, exposed brickwork surround, electric fire, carpet, second entrance with porch off
RESTAURANT / DINING ROOM
17`6 x 13`11 (5.35 m x 4.25) Table and chair seating providing 20 covers, carpet, double glazing, electric heating
SIDE HALLWAY / SERVICE CORRIDOR providing access to:-
Non slip flooring, pvc wall cladding, 2 x wash hand basins, 2 x low level w.c.’s
Non slip flooring, pvc wall cladding, changing table, wash hand basin, low level w.c., grab rail
Non slip flooring, pvc wall cladding, 2 x urinals, 1 x low level w.c., 2 x wash hand basins
Water tank, non slip flooring, stainless steel double sink unit, dishwasher, stainless steel shelving, Rational oven, double deep fat fryer, extractor system, 4 x fridges, 2 x microwaves, 6 burner gas oven, hot cupboard, double grill, wash hand basin, adjoining pantry with shelving and adjoining freezer store with 4 x freezers
Flagstone flooring, assorted pumps, lines and cooling equipment
Porch entrance leading to hallway with carpet, night storage heater
15`1 x 13`10 (4.60 m x 4.20 m) View over front garden, carpet, recessed book case, gas fire
Base units, worktops, plumbing for washing machine, stainless steel single drainer sink, vinyl flooring
KITCHEN / DINING ROOM
22`0 x 10`6 (6.70 m x 3.20 m) Eye and base units, vinyl flooring, AGA range cooker, double glazing
Eye and base units, stainless steel sink unit, tiled floor, double glazed side entrance with covered washing area
14`10 x 15`5 (4.50 m x 4.70 m) Countryside views, double glazing, wash hand basin, carpet
11`5 x 10`9 (3.50 m x 3.25 m) Countryside views, double glazing, wash hand basin
10`8 x 9`4 (3.25 m x 2.85 m) Carpet, double glazing, countryside views
14`9 x 10`10 (4.50 m x 3.30 m) Countryside views, carpet, double glazing, wash hand basin
THREE PIECE BATHROOM
Bath with electric shower over, wash hand basin, low level w.c.
Private area – There are two private garden areas, one to the front of the farmhouse, the other to the side, with a private parking area for two vehicles adjoining. Commercial parts – private driveway leading to extensive car parking with space for approximately 40 vehicles. To the front of the premises is a veranda and beer garden, laid to lawn, both of which have countryside views.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-37561686.html?premiumA=true
- Chapleton (9.2 mi)
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
- Chapleton (9.2 mi)
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Disclaimer - Property reference 1292. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by JD Commercial, Devon. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.