4 bedroom pub for saleAppledore,Devon
Offers in Region of £299,950
- Business for sale
* Lounge bar, separate restaurant and commercial kitchen
* Enclosed Beer garden
* Operating predominately wet sales
* 4 bedroomed owners accommodation including lounge and kitchen
* Same ownership for past 10 years
* Close to village amenities including Newsagents and Post Office
Appledore is a quaint port and ship building village with the most picturesque quayside and narrow cobbled streets providing a range of amenities including mini Supermarket, Post Office, Primary School, Library, places of worship, a selection of Galleries and Craft Shops together with many Pubs and Restaurants. Nearby is Northam Burrows Country Park offering many attractive walks and stunning vistas, and Westward Ho!, with its long sandy beaches and championship Golf Course. A regular bus service provides access to the port and market town of Bideford, approximately 3 miles distant, where a wide range of national and local shopping, banking and recreational facilities can be found. The A39 North Devon Link Road provides access to the regional centre of Barnstaple.
The property is located on Market Street, which runs parallel to The Quay. There are mixed residential and commercial operators in the immediate vicinity including Galleries, Tea Rooms, Restaurants and Public Houses with the Newsagents situated opposite and the Post Office close by on the Quay.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The premises would have formerly been two or three Quayside Cottages although now offers a Grade II Listed Public House and Restaurant at ground floor with 4 bedroomed owners accommodation above. The double fronted premises has a lounge bar, separate restaurant and commercial kitchen at ground floor with a well hidden beer garden and patio to the rear. There are many traditional features within the trading areas including beamed ceilings, exposed brickwork and feature fireplaces. The first floor offers four bedroomed accommodation with lounge and kitchen.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
Having been operated by the same husband and wife partnership for the last 10 years the business trades predominately in wet sales although food was introduced in 2012. Turnover for the past couple years has been between £86,000 and £100,000. Operating hours are generally 11am to midnight during the summer season with opening time out of season around 1pm.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
The property is Grade II Listed, therefore an Energy Performance Certificate is not required.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
32`7 x 16`0 (9.95 m x 4.85 m) Central entrance door and storm porch, return bar servery, darts board, carpet, beamed ceiling, fireplace with stone surround and slate hearth, feature exposed stonework, juke box, double chiller, single chiller, till
26`6 x 9`3 (8.05 m x 2.80 m) Table and chair seating for 20 covers, flagstone floor, fireplace, servery, doors to patio and beer garden
2 x low level w.c's, wash hand basin, timber wainscoting
Tiled floor, low level w.c., wash hand basin, timber wainscoting
5 burner oven with electric oven, 3 single deep fat fryers, glass washer, fridge, stainless steel single drainer sink, microwave, salamander, dry store, tiled walls and floor, extractor fan
Assorted pumps, lines and cooling equipment, street level delivery entrance
1 x fridge, 3 x freezers, Python
Hallway with carpet, door and staircase to loft
11`1 x 10`5 (3.35 m x 3.15 m) Carpet, radiator heating
9`6 x 9`2 (2.90 m x 2.80 m) Carpet, radiator heating
Eye and base unit, stainless steel single drainer sink
15`11 x 11`6 (4.85 m x 3.50 m) Carpet, radiator heating
12`3 x 11`2 (3.75 m x 3.40 m) Carpet, radiator heating
OFFICE / BEDROOM 4
9`10 x 9`3 (3.00 m x 2.80 m) Carpet, radiator heating, door and stairs to second loft
Patio accessed from the restaurant with steps leading to enclosed gravelled beer garden with picnic style seating, BBQ area and shelter.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients' properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-37619010.html?premiumA=true
- Barnstaple (5.8 mi)
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
- Barnstaple (5.8 mi)
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Disclaimer - Property reference 1411. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by JD Commercial, Devon. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.