5 bedroom detached house for saleWorth, RH10, Rowfant
- Reception Hall and Cloaks/Shower Room
- Living Room and Kitchen/Dining Room
- Bedroom 5/Study
- Magnificent first floor Drawing Room
- Principal Suite of Bedroom 1 and Bathroom
- 2 further first floor Bedrooms and Family Bathroom
- Second floor Bedroom 4 with separate wc
- Oil Fired Central Heating
- Double Garage with Studio over, Informal Gardens, Wooded Grounds and Paddock, About 2.2 Acres
The history can be traced back as long ago as the 16th Century when there was a forge in use on the site. This was subsequently replaced by the first part of the present mill in the 17th Century and it eventually ceased working during the inter-war period being converted into a dwelling during the mid 1930s. The previous owners carried out a major improvement programme incorporating both single and two storey extensions on the northern end of the building to significantly enlarge the accommodation. The improvements also include new bathroom suites and a splendid farmhouse style kitchen/dining room with Aga forming the ?hub of the house?. Elevations are of brick, the upper part being white painted weather-board clad under a mellow tiled roof with the front section having a mansard configuration.
The property is detached being one of a small group of four dwellings at the head of the mill pond. Nearby are a pair of recently converted cottages which have been sympathetically modernised to blend harmoniously with the surroundings. The mill stream flows through the sheltered and manageable grounds of Rowfant Mill to complement the setting.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37760744.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 2848. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Howard Cundey, Lingfield. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.