12 bedroom detached house for saleNarborough Road, Pentney, Norfolk
Offers Over £1,150,000
- Entrance hall | Reception hall | Drawing room | Dining room | Study | Conservatory | Kitchen/breakfast room | Laundry room | Utility | Cloakroom
- First floor: Master bedroom with dressing room and en suite bathroom | Bedroom 2 (en suite) | Bedrooms 3 and 4 with 'Jack & Jill' bathroom | Bedroom 5
- Ashwood Manor Cottage: Entrance hall | Sitting room | Dining room | Garden room | Kitchen | Bedroom 5 | Shower room
- First floor: 4 bedrooms (2 en suite) | Bathroom
- The Wing: Entrance hall | Sitting room | Kitchen | Shower room | 2 bedrooms (1 en suite)
- Heated indoor swimming pool | 2 changing rooms with showers | Fitness room | Sauna room | Boiler room
- Paddocks | Stables with tack room | Manege area | Field shelter
- Formal and informal gardens | Well-stocked pond with carp
- About 9.4 acres
Ashwood Manor is believed to have been built around 1840 and has subsequently been altered and extended and was named "The Villa" in 1898. The property has been extensively renovated, refurbished and improved by the current vendors having formerly been used for a variety of uses including residential, hotel and hostel.
The house offers a tremendous opportunity with luxury holiday cottages and a superb swimming pool complex capable of producing a regular income with high repeat occupancy rates.
The main house has a splendid drawing room with feature fireplace, original coving, dado railing and wall panelling and where possible period features have been retained including parquet flooring. Improvement works to the house have included re-wiring, re-plumbing and new heating systems. There is a spacious well-fitted kitchen/breakfast room with Aga opening out onto a conservatory and recessed ceiling lighting has been used to some rooms adding to the natural light.
The luxury swimming pool complex is maintained at 31°C with an oil-fired boiler and filtration system together with ladies and gentlemen shower room and fitness room. There is also direct access to the garden.
To the south of the property are the mainly lawned gardens and grounds with a large pond and beyond fenced paddocks with stabling, manege area, field shelter and feed area.
Ashwood Manor Cottage and The Wing are currently let through English Country Cottages and further details are available from the Agent. These could be used as ancillary accommodation to the main house.
Ashwood Manor occupies a delightful south-facing position overlooking its own gardens, grounds and paddocks on the southern edge of the village of Pentney. The village of Narborough (1 mile) offers a range of local amenities including a convenience store, post office, school and church.
The market town of Swaffham (6 miles) provides an excellent range of shopping, schooling and leisure facilities and includes both private and public schools, local shops and a Waitrose store.
The ancient port of King's Lynn (8 miles) to the west has a more extensive range of facilities and there are links from both King's Lynn and Watlington to Cambridge and London Kings Cross (about 100 minutes).
This popular area of West Norfolk is predominantly made up of arable farmland and Ashwood Manor looks towards the River Nar and there are many local fly and coarse fishing opportunities available in the neighbouring village of Narborough.
There are numerous places of local interest including the gardens at Sandringham, RSPB Reserve, Snettisham, lavender fields at Heacham and seal watching from Hunstanton and Wells. The North Norfolk coastline offers a host of activities from water sports, walking, riding, golfing, sea life centre, country inns and fine dining.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37847363.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR100051. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.