2 bedroom character property for saleChurch Cottage, Spital-In-The-Street, Market Rasen
- Historical Grade II Listed
- Two DOUBLE Bedrooms
- Various Outbuildings
- One Bedroom Annex with Shower Room
- Early Viewings Advised
Situated in the hamlet of Spital-in-the-Street is this beautifully presented, grade II listed detached cottage. The property enjoys an abundance of historical importance, character and charm and is believed to date back to circa 16th century. Early viewings are advised to avoid disappointment.
*Guide Price £250,000 - £285,000* Situated in the hamlet of Spital-in-the-Street is this beautifully presented, grade II listed detached cottage. The property enjoys an abundance of historical importance, character and charm and is believed to date back to circa 16th century. The accommodation briefly comprises; Reception Lounge, Sitting Room, Dining Room, Breakfast Kitchen, Bathroom and Two Double Bedrooms. The property further benefits from a One Bedroom Annex with Shower Room, various outbuildings including a stable and ample off-road parking with a turning circle. Early viewings are advised to avoid disappointment.
Lounge 18' 3" x 11' 9" ( 5.56m x 3.58m )
Having sliding sash windows to the front and rear aspects, a glazed front entrance door, a feature open brick built fireplace with inset multi fuel stove, exposed beams to ceiling and stairs leading to Bedroom One.
Sitting Room 20' 8" x 11' 11" ( 6.30m x 3.63m )
Having a sliding sash window to the side aspect, two further sliding sash windows to the front aspect, slate tiled flooring, beams to ceiling, radiator, feature high pitched roof, a raised area and an open arch leading into the Breakfast Kitchen.
Dining Room 12' 1" x 16' 5" ( 3.68m x 5.00m )
Having sliding sash windows to both the front and rear aspects, exposed beams to ceiling, stairs leading to Bedroom Two and a feature open Victorian style fireplace.
Breakfast Kitchen 17' 1" x 10' 9" ( 5.21m x 3.28m )
Being fitted with a range of rustic styled base and eye level units with ceramic tiled work surfaces incorporating an inset Belfast style sink, a central island unit with cupboard under, an integral double oven with four ring electric hob and extractor hood above and a concealed storage area with glazed sliding doors; completed with tiled splashbacks, two windows to the rear aspect and a split farmhouse style door giving access to the rear garden.
Being fitted with a four piece suite comprising of a low level WC, vanity hand wash basin, roll top bath and a shower cubicle with mains shower; completed with tiled splashbacks, ceramic tiled flooring, a radiator and a window to the rear aspect.
Bedroom One 16' 11" x 12' 11" ( 5.16m x 3.94m )
Accessed via the staircase from the Dining Room; having a sliding sash window to the front aspect, a further Velux style window, exposed floor boards, beams to both walls and ceiling, a feature pitched roof and access into:-
Being fitted with a low level WC and a vanity hand wash basin.
Bedroom Two 16' 11" x 12' 11" ( 5.16m x 3.94m )
Accessed via the Dining Room; having a window to the front aspect, a further Velux window, pitched roof with beams and a cupboard and wardrobes to the recess of one wall.
Having timber entry door, a window to the front aspect, a range of fitted glass fronted wardrobe style storage cupboards and a door leading into the Shower Room which is fitted with a shower cubicle with electric shower, low level WC and a vanity hand wash basin; completed with tiled flooring, an extractor fan, storage cupboards and a walk in storage cupboard to the recess. To the rear of this conversion there is hard standing for storage, a timber garden shed and a timber built double stable to the side elevation currently being utilised as a workshop.
The property enjoys extensive gardens which have been excellently maintained and presented whilst retaining all of the original character and charm of this delightful historical property. The front garden is predominantly laid to lawn with a variety of shrubs to borders which lead through to high level vehicle access gates and a separate pedestrian gate the rear and side elevations. To the rear of the property there is an ample and attractive themed patio area with a timber gate leading to a further patio area which overlooks the stained glass windows of St Edmunds Chapel, with a seating area leading through to a medieval themed vegetable garden with various raised beds, a large timber summer house and two further timber sheds to the side and rear elevations. Furthermore there is a small farmyard themed garden with a woodland style walk way leading to a lily pond with a decked walk way and central stone bridge which extends to a seating area with open field views to the rear.
Driveway / Parking
There is a gravelled parking area to the front of the property which is accessed off the A15 through private double gates and additional ample parking to the rear of the property which also incorporates a feature turning circle.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LCR107724. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Lincoln. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.