This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
4 bedroom detached house for sale
Oaks Road, Great Glen, Leicestershire
Tenure: FreeholdEntrance hall | Drawing room | Dining room | Kitchen/dining room within sitting area | Utility | Cloakroom | Office | Cellars
4 bedrooms | En-suite shower room | Family bathroom
Loft room with planning for bedroom and en suite
Glen Oaks is a wonderful family home with many lovely original features, high ceilings and large windows, and has been modernised and restored by its present owners. The detached house, set back from Oaks Road with views to
open countryside, has professionally landscaped west facing gardens with lawned and patio areas, vegetable gardens, and
espalier ornamental and fruit trees.
The kitchen is a particular feature with lovingly restored original quarry tile floor, gas fired Aga, Belfast sink, generous room for dining and a seating area with French doors to the gardens.
A wrought iron gate leads through the privet hedge to an imposing wooden front door with wood and glazed side panels.
The entrance hall has two wooden cloaks cupboards, original wooden flooring and staircase, and as with the rest of the ground
floor, lovely high ceilings, original coving and cast-iron radiators.
To either side of the entrance hall are two reception rooms. The graceful drawing room has a square bay window, glazed door to
the garden, gas fire in cast iron surround and wooden flooring. The dining room is another fine room with a further square bay, open fire place with tiled hearth and carved wooden surround, door to kitchen.
The kitchen is a superb area with restored original tiled floor, gas fired Aga, wooden units with granite work tops, Belfast sink, central island with wooden work top, butchers block and dresser, pantry cupboard and doors to cellars and the boot room/porch. The seating area has a gas fire with tiled and wood surround and French doors opening to the garden, whilst there is also ample space for a large family dining table.
Leading off from the main kitchen is a well fitted utility area with sink, laundry facilities/further hotplates and secondary staircase to first floor. Beyond this is a lobby area leading to the home office, a cloak room and door to the garden.
The landing is wonderfully light and offers access to two beautifully proportioned double bedrooms with views to the front over fields; a further double room with en suite shower room has views across the garden.
The family bathroom, with its roll top bath, can be accessed from the landing and the main bedroom. There is also a separate WC.
A staircase to the second floor leads off from the fourth bedroom.
There is a large room, presently split into three to provide storage, with planning to create a bedroom and bathroom. From this room is access out onto an observatory platform.
• Great Glen is a highly sought after village, offering easy access to either Market Harborough or Leicester, but set in beautiful
• The village offers a good range of everyday facilities, including a post office, village store, public houses, a doctors surgery, library, and mini market;
• State and private education are well catered for with St Cuthbert’s Primary School, Stoneygate Preparatory School, Leicester High School for Girls and Leicester Grammar
School, all close at hand;
• Mainline rail services to London, St Pancras International, run from Market Harborough and Leicester;
• The East Midlands motorway network is nearby. The M1 (Jct. 21), and the M69, are about 8 miles to the west, both of which connect to the M6, providing access to Birmingham, Coventry and Nottingham. The A47, about 5 miles to the north, provides a direct route to Peterborough;
• Major airports within easy reach include Birmingham and Nottingham East Midlands.
Gardens & Grounds
A tandem and a single garage can be accessed directly from St Thomas’s Road. There is a further gated entrance to the front of the property with gravelled parking.
The gardens, south and west facing, are a delightful feature of this property with lawn and
patio areas, vegetable garden, pagoda with scented climbing plants, espalier ornamental and fruit trees, many flower beds and
a waterfall feature.