7 bedroom detached house for saleRectory Lane, Birmingham
- Grade ll Listed Building
- Former Rectory
- Situated On A Private Road
- Seven Bedrooms
- Three Reception Rooms
- Four Bathrooms
- Detached Garage
- Must Be Seen
This is an outstanding and impressive property with an interesting history !! MUST BE SEEN!! A Grade II Listed former Birmingham rectory with historic links to nobility. The property was built for the Earl of Bradford in 1910 by distinguished Midland architect Charles Bateman.
This is an outstanding and impressive property with an interesting history !! MUST BE SEEN!! A Grade II Listed former Birmingham rectory with historic links to nobility – and which includes a servants’ quarter entrance. The property was built for the Earl of Bradford in 1910 by distinguished Midland architect Charles Bateman. The Earl then gifted the property to the Church and it became the rectory for St Mary’s and St Margaret’s. It is a stand-out building in Castle Bromwich, in particular for the style of its architecture.
This Detached residence is situated on a generous plot on a private road and arranged over three floors, briefly comprising, seven bedrooms, four bathrooms, three reception rooms, kitchen & utility room.
Wooden door to hallway with ceiling light point.
Wooden flooring, 2 radiators, picture rail and doors to;
Shower cubicle with power shower, low level w.c., wall mounted wash basin with storage below, window to front, radiator and tiled to both walls and floor.
Lounge 21' 9" Max x 13' 8" Max ( 6.63m Max x 4.17m Max )
Sash windows to front, side & rear elevations, wooden flooring, 2 vertical radiators, 2 ceiling light points with ceiling rose, ornate coving and feature fireplace.
Sitting Room 16' 9" x 15' 2" Including bay ( 5.11m x 4.62m Including bay )
Bay windows to rear, vertical radiator, ceiling light point, ornate coving, ceiling rose, wooden flooring and feature fireplace.
Kitchen 14' x 13' 9" ( 4.27m x 4.19m )
Windows to rear, ceiling light point, radiator, fitted kitchen with wall base and drawer units, roll edge work surfaces, integrated 5 ring gas hob and oven below, cooker hood, fridge freezer, dishwasher, tiled to flooring and all splash prone areas, one and half bowl sink and drainer with mixer tap over and doors to utility and lobby.
Windows to front, plumbing for washing machine, tiled floor and ceiling light point.
Dining Room 11' 9" x 13' 8" ( 3.58m x 4.17m )
Two sash widows to rear, radiator, ornate coving and ceiling rose, wooden flooring, ceiling light point, serving hatch to kitchen and feature fireplace.
Ceiling light point, tiled floor. Doors to garden, store room and boiler room.
Window to side, tiled floor, wall mounted boiler and ceiling light point.
Window to side and ceiling light point.
First Floor Landing
Radiator, picture rail, wooden floor, store cupboard with fire exit, door to inner hall having staircase to second floor and further doors to;
Bedroom 1 13' 1" x 14' 5" including bay ( 3.99m x 4.39m including bay )
Bay window to rear, vertical radiator, picture rail, ceiling light point with ornate ceiling rose and feature fireplace.
Bedroom 2 16' 1" Max x 12' 3" Max ( 4.90m Max x 3.73m Max )
Two windows to the rear, feature fireplace, vertical radiator and ceiling light point with ornate ceiling rose.
Bedroom 3 12' 3" x 9' 1" ( 3.73m x 2.77m )
Two windows to the rear, ceiling light point with ornate ceiling rose, picture rail, feature fireplace, radiator and door into;
Windows to front and side, ceiling light point, picture rail, radiator and feature fireplace.
Family Bathroom 10' 5" x 12' 1" Max ( 3.18m x 3.68m Max )
Windows to front and side, low flush w.c., double shaver cubicle, hand wash basin inset into a floating effect vanity unit, vertical radiator, spotlights to ceiling, Jacuzzi bath and fully tiled walls and flooring.
Fully tiled walls and flooring, corner bath, hand wash basin, feature stained glass window to front and arched ceiling with feature plaster work.
Second Floor Landing
Ceiling light point and doors to;
Bedroom 5 13' x 11' 4" ( 3.96m x 3.45m )
Leaded window to rear, radiator, ceiling light point and storage cupboards,.
Bedroom 6 9' 2" x 13' 2" Sloping ceilings ( 2.79m x 4.01m Sloping ceilings )
Leaded window to rear, storage cupboards, radiator, feature fireplace, doors into bedroom 5 & 7 and fire exit to first floor.
Window to fore, stainless steel sink with base units, ceiling light point, electric cooker point and storage cupboard with open arch to;
Bedroom 7 12' 9" x 15' 5" ( 3.89m x 4.70m )
Window to front and rear, sloping ceilings and ceiling light point.
Leaded window to front, fully tiled walls and floor, ceiling light point, heated towel rail, vanity hand wash basin, with mixer tap over, Low flush w.c., paneled bath with electric shower over.
Electric up and over door, lighting, glazed window to side, and electric car charger.
There are two brick built storage areas and an outside w.c. The outside w.c. has an obscure window and high flush toilet.
Appraoch Via Main Entrance
Mainly laid to lawn with trees and tarmac driveway with access to detached garage, and double doors to porch.
Well maintained being mainly laid to lawn and enclosed to all neighbouring boundaries, the garden has gated access to the front and both sides of the property, and also to the rear. Mature shrubs and trees and a paved patio area.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37906665.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CAB103330. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Shipways, Castle Bromwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.