This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
5 bedroom detached house for sale
- A Grade II listed residence
- Master Suite & Dressing Room. Guest Bedroom Suite Two Furthe
- Outstanding estuary views
- Second Floor Annexe
- Landscaped Gardens
- Extensive Parking
Tenure: FreeholdThe Keep which is arguably the finest house in Dartmouth, is a Grade II listed residence set in spectacular gardens with stunning views of the River Dart and out to sea.
The bustling market town of Dartmouth is most famous as a sailing centre and has excellent boating and marina facilities. It is also home to the Britannia Royal Naval College. The beautiful riverside town boasts a wealth of pubs, restaurants and shops. Some 13 miles to the north you will find the medieval market town of Totnes with the estuary town of Kingsbridge approximately 15 miles to the west. The A38 Devon Expressway about 19 miles away.
The Keep, a stunning detached residence was built in 1856 on land originally owned by the Seale family. The family made it a condition that the house had to blend in with the castles found at the mouth of the River Dart, hence the tower and crenellations to the southern elevation.
The house is listed as being of architectural or historical interest Grade II. The Keep occupies one of the largest gardens in Dartmouth and over the years it has been beautifully landscaped to create a tranquil setting with an abundance of colour, set behind ancient stone walls. A notablefeature of The Keep is the location. Mount Boone is a highly desired residential road set away from the town centre, yet the town remains within walking distance.
Totnes 13 miles, Kingsbridge 15 miles, A38 Devon Expressway 19 miles. All mileages are approximate
Hall, cloakroom, dining room, drawing room, music room, library,
Conservatory, kitchen with AGA and breakfast room, domestic offices,
2 staircases and lift to 1st floor.
Master bedroom with dressing room and bathroom en suite, 3 further bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (1 en suite)
2nd floor apartment with 37' sitting room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.
Cellar, 38' family games room, sunroom.
In all about 6,800 sq.ft.
Mature terraced gardens, ample parking, cobble courtyard
Currently Band G
South Hams District Council, Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, Devon TQ9 5NE. Tel. 01803 861234.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
All items in the written text of these particulars are included in the sale. All others are expressly excluded regardless of inclusion in any photographs. Purchasers must satisfy themselves that any equipment included in the sale of the property is in satisfactory order.
Freehold with vacant possession on completion.
Strictly by appointment with the agents, Marchand Petit. Telephone: 01803 839190
Approaching Dartmouth on the A3122 turn right into Townstal Road at the top of College Way. Take the first turning left into Mount Boone and the The Keep will be found after a short distance on the right. Alternatively, proceed out of Dartmouth along Duke Street, which in turn becomes Victoria Road. Mount Boone will be found further up on the right hand side.
1. These particulars are for guidance only. They are prepared and issued in good faith and are intended to give a fair description of the property, but do not constitute part of an offer or contract.
2. Any description or information given should not be relied on as a statement or representation of fact that the property or its services are in good condition. Neither Marchand Petit, nor any of its employees, has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to the property.
3. The photographs show only certain parts and aspects of the property at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances given are approximate only.
4. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any regulations or other consent has been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending purchaser.
5. Descriptions of a property are inevitably subjective, and the descriptions contained herein are used in good faith as an opinion and not by way of statement of fact. If any points of particular importance need clarifying before viewing, please do not hesitate to contact our office.