4 bedroom equestrian facility for saleBoars Head Road, Boars Head, Crowborough, East Sussex, TN6
Guide Price £1,200,000
- character cottage in semi-rural location
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- 1,948 sq ft
- garden and grounds
- stables and sand school
- 3 paddocks totalling about 6.19 acres
- about 7.15 acres overall
- EPC Rating = F
A period cottage with stables and paddocks close to the Kent/Sussex border
Cherry Tree Farm is situated in a semi-rural location on a country lane, about half a mile from the A26 which gives easy access to Crowborough to the South and Tunbridge Wells to the North.
Crowborough (about 1.3 miles) has a number of shops, restaurants and supermarkets including Waitrose, Tesco and Morrisons. Tunbridge Wells (about 4.4 miles) offers a more comprehensive range of shopping and recreational facilities.
Yea r-round riding is available at Hornshurst Wood, under 2 miles away, for which a permit can be obtained to include other woodland (Rotherfield Woodlands Riding Club), as well as designated bridleways. The Eridge branch of the Pony Club is based at nearby Eridge Park, with many activities available.
Mainline rail: Eridge (about 1.7 miles) has services to London Bridge with journey times from 53 minutes. Tunbridge Wells (about 5.8 miles) has fast and frequent services to London Cannon Street and Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) with journey times from 50 minutes.
State and private schools: There are many highly regarded schools in the area, at both primary and secondary levels.
- entrance porch
- open plan sitting/dining room
- drawing room
- utility room
- master bedroom with en suite shower room
- 3 further double bedrooms
- family bathroom
- garden and grounds
- decked terrace
- paddocks with stables, sand school and mobile field shelter
- about 7.15 acres overall including paddocks of 6.19 acres
- EPC = F
A character mid-19th Century cottage, sympathetically extended to create a comfortable family home in this convenient semi-rural location. Period features include exposed beams and wood internal doors with drop latches. Further points of note include:
- entrance from porch into open plan reception room with oak flooring, bespoke built-in bookshelves and fireplace with stone supports and hearth, a bressumer beam above and a copper canopy;
- country style kitchen with painted wood wall and base units under granite and oak work surfaces, larder cupboard, 2 oven oil-fired Aga and space for a dishwasher and an American-style fridge freezer. Multi-paned glazed door to the conservatory and door through to the drawing room;
- quadruple aspect 21'7" drawing room with oak flooring, French doors to the terrace and conservatory and a woodburning stove set on a stone plinth;
- master bedroom with outlook over the garden and countryside to three sides and an en suite shower room;
- three further double bedrooms and a family bathroom complete the accommodation.
The garden surrounds the property on three sides, opening out beyond the drive area to three paddocks and with a delightful outlook to the East, North and West over the rolling Sussex countryside. Parking is provided by a heritage-style three-bay garage and on the driveway to the front. The closest paddock incorporates a stable building with three loose boxes, a tack room and an open hay store and leads to a 20 metre x 40 metre manège.
Services: Oil-fired central heating. Mains water and electricity. Private drainage.
Outgoings: Wealden District Council: 01892 653311. Current tax band F.
Agent's Notes: The existing physical boundaries to the Northwest of the property do not correspond with those registered with the Land Registry, however the neighbouring owners involved are in agreement that the physical boundaries should prevail and steps are being taken to regularise this. The neighbouring property has a right of way for access over the furthest driveway.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 1,948 sq ft
Acreage: 7.15 Acres
From central Tunbridge Wells, head South on the A26 in the direction of Crowborough for about 5.3 miles, passing through the hamlet of Eridge Green. Having entered Boars Head take the first road on the left, Boars Head Road, signposted "North Boarshead", and then turn right towards the Boars Head Inn.
Stay on the road to pass the Inn on your left, continue for about 0.4 miles and Cherry Tree Farm will be found on the left-hand side, the first house on the left after the Inn.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38027139.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS150429. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.