Commercial Property for saleThe White House,High Green,Cannock,WS11 1UE
8,216 sq. ft.
- 8,216 sq ft (763 sq m)
- Very distinctive and well-known imposing property
- Declared surplus by South Staffordshire College
- One of Cannock's best known buildings
- Grade II* Listed
- Positioned within a Conservation Area
- Sitting within well-defined and very well kept grounds
- Grade II* Listed Railings and Gate Piers
- Positioned right in the heart of the Town Centre
- Property currently has the benefit of a D1 Planning Use
A very distinctive and well-known imposing property, now declared surplus by South Staffordshire College. This is one of Cannock's best known buildings, Grade II* Listed, positioned within a Conservation Area and sitting within well-defined and very well kept grounds, behind Grade II* Listed Railings and Gate Piers.
The property is positioned right in the heart of the Town Centre. Cannock is a busy market town with a resident population of approximately 86,000 people and is located equal distance between Stafford and Wolverhampton and is the largest town in the district of Cannock Chase, within the southern part of Staffordshire.
The property sits in an area populated by a number of established Licensed/A3 occupiers, including JD Wetherspoons, The Court Yard, Bar Sport and is close also to Stafford's primary Shopping Centre - Cannock Shopping Centre. The Bus Station is positioned to the rear of the property and the site benefits from a very healthy provision of on-site parking and is within close walking distance of a number of other car parks.
SCHEDULE OF ACCOMMODATION
Basement 827 sq ft 77 sq m
Ground Floor 4070 sq ft 378 sq m
First Floor 2327 sq ft 216 sq m
Second Floor 992 sq ft 92 sq m
Total 8,216 sq ft 763 sq m
The College will be making an area of land around the property available for parking. It may be that the Vendors create a long leasehold interest in providing car parking - ultimately it will depend on likely use of the property and the requirements of the purchaser.
It is our understanding from the VOA that the building has a rateable value of £183,000.
The property currently has the benefit of a D1 Planning Use. The prominent, sustainable and potentially adaptable nature of the building lends itself to potential conversion, subject to Planning Permission for a range of commercial and possibly residential uses. Prospective purchasers and their advisors are encouraged to talk directly to Cannock Chase District Council - Planning Policy/Conservation.
An EPC is currently being prepared.
METHOD OF DISPOSAL
The property is being sold Freehold with Vacant Possession provided on completion.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference WhiteHouseCannock. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Rigby & Co, Derby. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.