4 bedroom barn conversion for saleThe Street, Halvergate, Norwich
Sold STC £400,000
- Quality barn conversion
- National Park location
- Outstanding interior
- Garage and workshop
A delightful Grade II Listed conversion situated in the heart of this small Broadland village by the war memorial and village sign and with a charming outlook over meadows. Delightful quality interior with cosy living rooms and upstairs bedrooms. Atmospheric and very practical too.
A delightful and top quality Grade II listed barn conversion situated in a conservation area and offering accommodation of tremendous character which is also entirely practical, with its conventional ground and first floor layout. Situated in the heart of this historic village, the Church, Pub and village hall are all within just a few minutes' walk. Set within the Norfolk Broads National Park Chestnut Meadow Barn would make an ideal permanent or second home with tremendous potential for holiday letting.
Situated within the original barn entrance and with wood flooring extending throughout the ground floor (tiled floor to kitchen), staircase to first floor. Double doors to dining and sitting rooms. Part glazed door to kitchen.
Kitchen/ Breakfast Room
A family room with tiled floor and extensive range of floor standing kitchen cabinets with beech working surfaces over. Stainless steel gas range cooker. One and a half bowl sink unit and plumbing for dishwasher. Aerial point and bespoke dresser unit. Central four place breakfast bar, exposed timbers and honeycomb brick feature. Oil fired boiler providing hot water and central heating. Door to garden.
Traditional pantry with bespoke shelving, butler sink and oak worktops. Plumbing for washing machine.
Low level WC and hand wash basin.
Study/ Bedroom 4
A truly atmospheric room and conveniently situated next to the cloakroom and offering a quiet and private space for use as a bedroom, office etc.
With double doors to hall and open stud work through to sitting room. Honeycomb brick feature. Quality timber flooring throughout. LED lighting. Open plan to:
With impressive chimney breast with wood burning stove on a brick hearth. Part vaulted ceiling with Velux roof light. Television aerial point. French doors to garden and exposed timbers. Fitted spot lighting.
First Floor Landing
With low window to the front aspect. Exposed beams. LED lighting.
Triple aspects with potential access to small terrace/balcony and external staircase. Part vaulted ceiling with some exposed timbers. LED lighting, television aerial point, range of fitted wardrobes.
Adjacent Shower Room
With extra-large shower cubicle, low level WC and pedestal wash hand basin set on vanity unit.
Exposed brickwork and beam. Window to rear aspect. Television and telephone points.
With dormer window to rear. Exposed beams. Television point.
Bath, pedestal wash hand basin and low level WC.
The property is part of a small group of former farm buildings belonging to Hall Farm and dating back to 1760. Converted in 2003 the buildings are delightfully situated in the centre of the village within a stone's throw of the village sign and war memorial. There is a timeless outlook to the front over grazing meadows whilst the village hall, pub and Church of St Peter and St Paul are within a few minutes' walk. Set back from the road, traditional iron railings enclose the front garden and feature a paved pathway to the main entrance and round to the side and rear. A drive at the side gives access to the garage and workshop. The rear garden is enclosed by fencing and iron estate railings and is laid to lawn with a path, raised borders, a paved patio and a small fish pond.
A large garage with power and light and plenty of parking outside and situated adjacent to the brick and slate tiled workshop.
Proceed onto the A47 in an easterly direction. Continue for about 12 miles turning off where directed to Acle and Reedham. Follow the signs to Reedham on the B 1140 , continuing through Moulton St Mary and looking out for a sign left to Halvergate. Follow this road into the village, turning left at the village hall into The Street where the property can be found on the right hand side after the war memorial.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference ZK1100970. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Norwich - Select Homes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.