3 bedroom detached house for saleNew Road, Tostock, Bury St. Edmunds
Offers in Excess of
- Fine Period Home
- No Chain
- Fabulous Annex
- 0.8 Acres (sts)
- Spacious Gardens
- Out Houses
- Three Bedrooms
A fantastically crafted three bedroom detached thatched home enjoying five hundred years of charm with later extensions. This property has been lovingly extended and restored throughout and boasts a wealth of charm and character with spacious gardens, meadow, off road parking and out-buildings.
A fantastically crafted three bedroom detached thatched home enjoying five hundred years of charm with later extensions. This property has been lovingly extended and restored throughout and boasts a wealth of charm and character with spacious gardens, meadow, off road parking and out-buildings. The property has a recently converted annex offering space as an annex, potential for bed and breakfast or holiday let.
Oak front door into tiled porch with windows to side aspect and spotlights.
Front Living Room/dining Room 19' 6" x 13' 7" ( 5.94m x 4.14m )
Two windows to front and two windows to side, beamed and vaulted ceiling, internal window to hall, brick fireplace and breast with inset wood burner, original beams throughout, power points tiled flooring.
Window to side, beamed ceiling, spotlights, stairs to first floor with oak hand rail and banister, under stairs storage cupboards, power point, tiled flooring and doors to kitchen, living room and cloakroom.
Kitchen 15' 1" x 13' 4" ( 4.60m x 4.06m )
Window to side with view of the garden, beamed ceiling and walls, fitted with a range of wall and base level units with complimentary tiled splash back incorporating a gas AGA cooker, butler sink, space for upright fridge/freezer and ample space for dining table. tiled flooring and doors to pantry, utility and conservatory.
Conservatory 11' 7" x 6' 7" ( 3.53m x 2.01m )
Oak framed with windows to three aspects, beamed ceiling, vinyl flooring and french doors to rear.
Utility 7' x 5' 9" ( 2.13m x 1.75m )
Window to side, beamed ceiling, butler sink, plumbing and space for washing machine and tumble drier, phone point and tiled flooring
Bedroom Two 12' x 10' ( 3.66m x 3.05m )
Window to front, coved ceiling, loft access hatch, overhead light fitting, power points, radiator and laminate flooring.
Window to side, beamed ceiling, spotlights, low level WC, hand wash basin, feature beamed walls and tiled flooring
Oak staircase leading to bedroom and en-suite. Oak floor and beamed walls.
Bedroom One 16' 11" x 14' 9" ( 5.16m x 4.50m )
Window to both sides, beamed ceilings, walk in dressing closet, radiator, wall lights, power points, oak floorboards and door to:
Window to side with view of garden. feature beams, spotlights, bath, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, storage, shelving oak floorboards,
Bedroom Three 7' 7" x 8' 10" ( 2.31m x 2.69m )
Beamed ceilings and walls, overhead light fitting, power points, tiled flooring and stable door to:
Window to rear, beamed ceiling and walls, low level WC, hand wash basin, extractor and tiled floor,
Window to side, spotlights, loft access hatch, multiple storage cupboards, power points and doors to kitchen, living room and shower room.
Spot lights, shower cubicle, hand wash basin, extractor, heated towel rail, storage shelving and tiled walls and flooring.
Second Living Room 17' 8" x 15' ( 5.38m x 4.57m )
Two windows to side aspect, full length windows to other aspect, two overhead light fittings, inglenook fireplace with inset wood burner, television point, power points, tiled flooring and french doors to rear and garden.
Study 10' 4" x 6' 2" ( 3.15m x 1.88m )
Window to rear and side, spot lights, power points, carpet and door to rear.
Additional Hobby Room 6' 2" x 4' 1" ( 1.88m x 1.24m )
Spot lights, power points, tiled flooring and stable door to living room.
The property is approached via a private, gated shingle driveway providing off road parking for multiple vehicles. The property sits in a plot of approximately 1.2 acres (sts) and is hedged and fenced with mature trees and flowers beds throughout. The gardens surround the property and include a recently added meadow to be used for horses or other live stock. There are several outhouses including stables, tack room and sheds.
Annexe - Living Space 17' 3" x 10' 4" ( 5.26m x 3.15m )
Laminate floor, plastered and beamed ceilings, uPVC double glazed door from front, wide windows to front aspect, stairs to first floor, LED spot lights, radiator, power points and open plan to Kitchen.
Kitchen 11' 5" x 6' 8" ( 3.48m x 2.03m )
Fitted Kitchen wall and base units, tiled back splash, uPVC double glazed window to front, uPVC double glazed window to side with view of fields and meadows, inset hob and oven with Neff extraction, sink and drainer with up and over tap, integrated fridge, LED spot lights, tiled floor, plastered and beamed ceiling and door to shower room.
Tiled floor, plastered and beamed ceiling, uPVC double glazed window to rear with LED spot lights, double walk in shower, W.C, pedestal basin and heated towel radiator.
Bedroom One 17' 2" x 11' 4" ( 5.23m x 3.45m )
Found at the top of the stairs the Bedroom is carpeted with plastered and beamed ceiling which are vaulted, uPVC double glazed door to side and balcony offering views of countryside and meadows, radiator, two over head light fittings, power points, internal balcony to Living Space and stairs to ground floor.
The annex has been lovingly converted and restored by tradesman of the highest quality and this makes a wonderful addition to the fantastic home The Granary already is.
On the A14 heading east from Bury St Edmunds take the first sign posted exit for Beyton off the slip road right into the village of Beyton, pass the green and bear left onto Tostock Road. Proceed along Tostock Road back over the A14 from approx. 1-2 miles before turning left onto New Road in Tostock. Where the property can be found on the right hand side with for sale board showing.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38891859.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BGS104506. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Bury St Edmunds. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.