5 bedroom detached house for saleWhitcombe Road, Beaminster, Dorset
- Fine detached country house with impressive leisure facilities
- 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 3 main receptions
- Potential self contained guest suite
- Gardens & Grounds including woodland and pasture adjoining the River Brit
- Stable yard with 5 Stables, Tack Room and 2 Field Shelters
- Heated Swimming Pool, Changing Rooms and all weather Tennis Court
- Lovely country views
- In all about 9.5 acres
Middlebrook House is a very attractive and substantial detached country house dating back to circa 1932 with rendered and colour washed elevations. Over the past 40 years it has been subject to sympathetic enlargement and alterations. All of the principal accommodation, which is well proportioned, faces south taking advantage of the lovely views over the gardens and surrounding countryside. There are extensive reception and bedroom accommodation with potential for a guest suite on the second floor.
Under the current ownership since 2007 a whole number of improvements has been carried out including a quality kitchen with oak work tops and extensive appliances (Bosch fan assisted oven, Lamona microwave, Neff induction electric halogen hob, stainless steel cooker hood, wine cooler, Miele dishwasher, Miele chest freezer and Miele fridge), upgrading of the utility room, replacement of the central heating boiler and 2 quality shower rooms. There has also been extensive redecoration and the reception hall features a fine French Versaille pattern oak floor.
The formal gardens feature a heated swimming pool and all weather tennis court. The stable yard provides excellent facilities and the paddocks have direct access onto the bridle path providing superb riding opportunities. There are extensive garaging facilities and the property is approached through impressive remote control double entrance wrought iron gates.
Mains electricity, water and drainage. Oil-fired central heating plus oil-fired Aga, mains gas available. Mains gas boiler for swimming pool.
West Dorset District Council, South Walks House, South Walks Road, Dorchester, Dorset DT1 1UZ
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-39335958.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BRI130108. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, Bridport. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.