5 bedroom guest house for saleWhite HorsesClyde Road,Felpham,Bognor Regis,PO22
277 sq. m. | £700,000
- Business for sale
- 2,981 sq ft (277 sq m)
- ref: 2961
- GUEST HOUSE
White Horses Bed & Breakfast occupies a substantial three storey premises, ideally located in the charming village of Felpham in the Arun District of West Sussex. The business is surrounded by mainly residential properties and is overlooking the beach, which is a 30 second walk away, making it the perfect base for visitors and tourists. The property benefits from off street parking facilities for five or six vehicles.
There are amenities within a 10 minute walk of the property including two promenade cafes, a putting green, tennis courts, a children's play area, four public houses, restaurants and takeaways.
Felpham is located one mile to the east of Bognor Regis. The village is best known as the former home of William Blake, who wrote his epic poems 'Milton' and 'Jerusalem' during his time in Felpham. It has a large population for a village, according to the 2001 census it had over 9,000 residents and boasts a community college and two primary schools. The centre of the village has a conservation area, which features many buildings of local interest, many of which were built in a typical West Sussex style using flint and stone.
The area of the business is well served by the public transport system, with bus stops within easy walking distance of the property. The nearest railway station is in Bognor Regis approximately one mile away. The area is also well served by the A-roads, with the A259 being within easy driving distance, which links to the national A-road and motorway networks. Chichester is approximately 7 miles away and Worthing is 17 miles away.
Hilton Smythe is delighted to welcome to the market this well established and popular bed & breakfast business, which is ideally located in Felpham, West Sussex.
The business was established by our clients in 2001 and has seen year on year growth. Only now is the business being offered to the market due to our clients' desire for retirement. The bed and breakfast business operates all year round and generates a turnover in the region of £51,000 per annum, with a fantastic gross profit of approximately 88%.
Our clients offer five guest bedrooms on a bed & breakfast basis plus two or three bedrooms for owner accommodation. There are three double bedrooms, a family room with a double and a single bed, plus a twin bedded room. All the rooms are en-suite and are reached via a staircase to the first floor. The dining room is located on the ground floor, where the breakfast is served. Guests are also welcome to use the dining room for take-away meals during the evening.
We are advised that our clients have a studio to the rear of the property, which is not included in the sale, our clients would consider an additional offer for this property. It could be an excellent "granny annexe" or used as further owner accommodation.
The business has built up an enviable reputation within the community for the high quality of accommodation and service offered, which has resulted in a loyal client base, and a high volume of repeat trade. The bed & breakfast has been awarded four stars by visitengland.com, has excellent reviews, with a certificate of excellence from the popular travel website Trip Advisor. It also has a top Food Hygiene rating of 5.
We feel the turnover could be increased by extending the number of letting rooms available. A new owner could also embark on a modest marketing campaign to highlight the quality accommodation and service offered, as well as the possibility of offering evening meals. The business already has an excellent and very informative website in place at www.whitehorsesfelpham.co.uk,which could incorporate online booking facilities.
This is an excellent opportunity for a new owner, perhaps a husband and wife team or partnership, to take this thriving and popular bed & breakfast business to the next level; therefore early viewing must come highly recommended to avoid disappointment.
Substantial three storey premises in an ideal trading location, briefly comprising:
• Large reception area with a reception desk, working period fire place and guest information area.
• Cloakroom and Shower/WC.
• Dining Room - bright room to front aspect, offering 10 covers.
• Kitchen/owners dining area with wall and base units and central island. The bright dining area has a feature skylight, with windows to three sides and access to the garden.
• Separate small utility room with gas CH boiler
• Additional pantry.
• Ground floor suite with family size bathroom and double bedroom (currently used as office and extra family accommodation).
• Owners' sitting room - contemporary room with an inset glass fronted log and coal burning stove, rear study area and French doors opening onto the private garden.
• Hallway with stairs leading to first floor, linen cupboard and hot water cylinder cupboard.
• Green room: Accessed by a separate staircase from the reception area, front aspect room with en-suite and sea views.
• Pink room: Small double room with en-suite and sitting area.
• Blue room: Family room with double and single bed and adjoining en-suite bathroom with luggage storage area. This configuration also allows the room to be used as additional twin bedded accommodation.
• Yellow room: Twin room with en-suite and sea views.
• Grey room: Double en-suite room with large windows and sea views.
Second floor: Currently used as owners accommodation.
• Lounge area with comfortable seating with built in storage cupboards and tilt and turn windows allowing clear sea views.
• Bedroom 1: Small Twin room with WC and hand wash basin.
• Bedroom 2: Double room with tilt and turn windows allowing clear sea views, this room has a hatch leading to a further storage room.
• Dressing room with access to a shower bathroom.
• Front of property: Spacious car park with space for five or six vehicles and mature gardens, which include a secluded guest sitting area.
• Rear of property: Private owner's garden with patio area, lawn and shrubs with access to Studio previously described
We are advised Freehold.
The business operates all year round.
The business is owner run and managed.
The business generates a turnover in the region of £51,000 per annum, with a fantastic gross profit of approximately 88%.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 2961. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hilton Smythe, Bolton . Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.