4 bedroom detached house for saleFurzefield Avenue, Speldhurst, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3
- stylish contemporary family home
- tucked away in this popular village
- stunning sitting room
- 4 bedrooms
- 1,764 sq ft
- kitchen/dining room
- 3 bathrooms
- about 0.25 acres overall
- integral garage
- EPC Rating = D
A detached family house in this picturesque village, offering stylish, contemporary accommodation
The property lies towards the end of a no-through residential road in the Kent village of Speldhurst, sought after for the dual benefits of its location within the High Weald Area of Outstanding N atural Beauty and its proximity to the large towns of Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge, with their extensive amenities, well-regarded schools and strong commuter links to London.
The village boasts a thriving community spirit and local services include a church, village hall, primary school, village stores with post office, cricket ground and public house.
State and private schools: Speldhurst has its own highly-regarded primary school, rated "Outstanding" by Ofsted in 2014, and there are a number of other well-regarded schools in the area, including grammar schools in Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells and private schools such as Holmewood House preparatory school in Langton Green and Sevenoaks and Tonbridge at secondary level.
Mainline rail: Tunbridge Wells (about 3.8 miles) with regular services to London Charing Cross and Cannon Street from 50 minutes. Tonbridge (about 4.5 miles) and Hildenborough (about 5.3 miles), which lies a little further up the same line, to London Charing Cross and Cannon Street from 42 minutes (Hildenborough to London).
Communications: The A21 is accessible at Tonbridge and links to the M25 and thereby to the national motorway network, Heathrow and Gatwick airports, the channel ports and Channel Tunnel Terminus.
- sitting room
- kitchen/dining room
- master bedroom with en suite shower room
- 3 further bedrooms, 1 en suite
- family bathroom
- garden with terrace
- integral garage
- driveway parking
- about 0.25 acres
- EPC = D
Copse View is a deceptively spacious family house constructed about 13 years ago in this tucked-away corner of the popular village of Speldhurst. Contemporary kitchen and bathroom fittings combine with the use of a limited colour palette and natural finishes to give a sense of calm, whilst bifold doors to the rear with a glazed roof above, a glass balustrade to the main staircase and a galleried lightwell between the landing and reception room maximise the flow of natural light to the interior. Further points of note include:
- stunning sitting room with engineered wood flooring, a part-glazed roof and with bifold doors across the rear giving access to the garden terrace. Open archways lead from the sitting room, one through to the dining room, with glazing to the roof and bifold doors to the garden, and one through to the kitchen, in all creating a light and generous area for entertaining with a delightful outlook over the garden;
- kitchen with stone flooring, fitted wall and base units under granite-covered worktops and integrated appliances including a microwave and dishwasher. Space for a range-style cooker with extractor over and an American-style fridge/freezer;
- 2 bedrooms with French doors onto a sheltered balcony overlooking the garden, with distant views glimpsed through the trees;
- further upper ground floor bedroom currently fitted out as a dressing room;
- a first floor double bedroom with an en suite shower room completes the accommodation.
Copse View is approached over a shared driveway leading from Furzefield Avenue to a gravelled parking area in front of the integral garage. Areas of lawn to either side of the driveway, interspersed with specimen trees, add colour and interest and mature shrubs provide screening to the east.
A large paved terrace with central water feature spans across the entire width of the back of the house, accessed through bifold doors from the sitting and dining rooms and providing an area ideal for outdoor living and entertaining. The enclosed rear garden is laid to lawn with mature deciduous woodland beyond the northern boundary, which is formed of stock fencing. The remaining boundaries are a combination of close-boarded and stock fencing, with some mixed mature hedging, bamboo and trees to the eastern boundary.
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Outgoings: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Tax Band G
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 1,764 sq ft
Acreage: 0.25 Acres
From central Tunbridge Wells, take the A264 west towards East Grinstead. Turn right at The Hare public house in Langton Green, onto Speldhurst Road, signposted to Speldhurst. At the T-junction at the end of the road in Speldhurst, turn right and then take the first road on the left, just round the left-hand bend, Barden Road.
Continue along this road for about 350, then taking the left fork into Furzefield Avenue. Proceed to the turning circle at the end of the road and the shared entrance to Ridge House and Copse View will be found three quarters of the way around the turning circle on the left-hand side, between Hundred Acre Wood and Little Snape. Copse View is the right-hand property.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40241538.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160035. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.