6 bedroom detached house for saleScole Road, Thorpe Abbotts, Diss, Norfolk, IP21
Guide Price £795,000
- 5 reception rooms
- 6 bedrooms
- Formal and informal gardens
- External office
- EPC Rating = D
Beautifully appointed barn conversion set in landscaped gardens and grounds
The house is situated on the edge of the village of Thorpe Abbotts within the Waveney Valley, midway between the market towns of Diss and Harleston. Diss, approximately 6 miles, has a good range of shopping and social facilities as well as a mainline railway station with regular services to Norwich, Ipswich and London Liverpool Street.
The Georgian market town of Harleston has further shopping facilities including restaurants and supermarket. Norwich, the cathedral city, is approximately 23 miles to the north and has an excellent range of shopping, cultural facilities and amenities and there is an airport on the northern side of the city with international flights via Schiphol. The towns of Ipswich and Bury St. Edmunds are approximately 25 miles distant. The property offers ease of access onto the A140 leading south via Ipswich to London and north to Norwich.
Haggle House is a timber framed period barn under a tiled roof which was converted in the late 1990s with great care and attention taken to detail to include beautiful architectural features, such as exposed timbers, inglenook fireplaces and flagstone flooring.
The reception rooms are well proportioned, set around an impressive reception hall with Flagstone floor and beautiful green oak handmade staircase, leading up to a galleried landing with snug. The morning room has natural light from two aspects and is fitted with handmade bookcases. There is a comfortable family room next to the kitchen, as well as an atmospheric dining room. The large kitchen/breakfast room has a four oven Aga and leads out into the handmade oak conservatory which was constructed in 2006 and overlooks the walled garden. Leading from the kitchen/breakfast room is a useful utility room and laundry room as well as a cloakroom. Also on the ground floor are two guest bedrooms, each with an adjoining shower room. These rooms have their own separate entrance. On the first floor the stunning master bedroom features a walk-through wardrobe leading to a separate dressing room. There is a full adjoining bathroom. Additionally, there is also either bedroom seven or nursery as part of the master suite. Across the galleried landing are three further bedrooms and a family bathroom. We draw your attention to the floorplans for a full explanation as to how the accommodation is arranged. All the principal rooms look out across the formal gardens and grounds which have been beautifully landscaped.
Unusually for a country setting, the property enjoys mains gas and has two boilers; one supplying the underfloor heating to the principal rooms on the ground floor and radiators to the remaining ground floor rooms, with a second boiler supplying radiators on the first floor.
The gardens and grounds are a particular feature of Haggle House and have been wonderfully landscaped and developed over the last 15 years to now provide formal and informal areas and some stunning vistas out from the principal reception rooms. The gardens include a walled garden with a variety of roses and mature climbing plants, a highly productive kitchen garden, orchard and a wealth of mature shrub beds and borders with a variety of plants.
Within the grounds is a wild flower meadow, wooded area with pathways and specimen trees which are maturing well. There is an access gate leading from the meadow via a track with a right of way in place leading back to the road. At the rear of the house are superb terrace areas leading out from the conservatory and reception hall overlooking the formal part of the garden.
Situated on the south side of the house are the range of outbuildings which include an external office, double garage/workshop and external boiler room. There is ample parking via a five bar gate at the front of the property with attractive archway which leads through to a further parking area and to the outbuildings and entrances to the property.
The gardens and grounds in all extend to 5.05 acres (est).
Mains water, electricity and gas and private drainage.
South Norfolk District Council: Band F.
1. The initial part of the driveway which serves Thorpe Hall and Haggle House is owned by the vendors who are retaining the former annexe and barns at the front of the property. There is a right of way in place to serve both the Hall and Haggle House.
2. The former annexe and barns are available by separate negotiation if required.
3. Haggle House is subject to a maintenance agreement to share the cost of maintaining the shared drive. From this drive a five bar gate then serves the private entrance to Haggle House.
Fixtures & Fittings
All fixtures and fittings are specifically excluded from the sale, but may be available in addition, subject to separate negotiation.
Strictly by appointment with Savills. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 4,943 sq ft
Acreage: 5.05 Acres
Leave Norwich via the A140 towards Ipswich and bypass Scole. At the second roundabout turn left onto the A143 and continue through Billingford and onto Thorpe Abbotts where the entrance to Haggle House will be found on the left hand side, just before the church and immediately after the Hall. The postcode for the property is IP21 4HS.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40609971.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NRS140168. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.