4 bedroom character property for saleHigh Street, Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes
Sold STC £650,000
- Four bedrooms
- Grade II Listed
- Character features
- Separate reception rooms
- Enclosed rear garden
DON'T MISS OUT on an exclusive opportunity to acquire a piece of English Heritage, dating back to the late 1400's, the time of the "Boy King" EDWARD V. This four bedroom Period property in our opinion drenched in history, in Stony Stratford
DON'T MISS OUT on an exclusive opportunity to acquire a piece of English Heritage, dating back to the late 1400's, the time of the "Boy King" EDWARD V. This four bedroom Period property in our opinion drenched in history, in High Street of Stony Stratford. This house was formerly known as the Rose and Crown Inn and here in 1483 Richard Duke of Gloucester (Richard III) captured the uncrowned boy King Edward V, who was later murdered in the Tower of London.
Enter via Wooden front door with tiled block flooring and Oak panelled walls . Doors to:
Sitting Room: 16' 9" Max x 12' 8" ( 5.11m Max x 3.86m )
Parquet flooring, open fireplace with inset grate, electric storage heater. Wall mounted thermostat for central heating control, beam to ceiling, picture rail, built in cupboard below window to front elevation. Glazed door to:
Lounge: 16' 1" x 14' 10" ( 4.90m x 4.52m )
Open tiled fireplace, built-in storage in recess, exposed oak beams to ceiling, T.V. point, two windows to front elevation.
Block tiled flooring, walk-in cupboard under stairs, telephone point, electric storage heater, stairs rising to first floor landing, window and door to rear elevation. Door to:
Kitchen: 14' x 12' 3" ( 4.27m x 3.73m )
Double drainer, stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap over and cupboard under, coving to ceiling, strip light to ceiling, electric storage heater, gas cooker point, double glazed window to rear elevation, walk-in pantry, built-in cupboards. Door to:
Scullery: 10' 6" x 6' 1" ( 3.20m x 1.85m )
Quarry tiled flooring, electric storage heater, sink, built-in game cupboard, door to rear garden. Opening to:
Quarry tiled floor, floor standing hot water tank. Walk way to shower room:
High flush w.c.. Door to rear garden.
Rear Lobby / Shower Room:
Pedestal mounted wash hand basin, quarry tiled floor, electric fan heater and shower. Door to rear elevation and door to:
Sitting Room: 20' 10" x 8' 8" ( 6.35m x 2.64m )
Lobby to 2nd front door to the High Street. Electric storage heater, window to front elevation, door leading to staircase with stairs rising to:
Bedroom: 17' 4" x 13' 7" ( 5.28m x 4.14m )
Two windows to front elevation, beams to ceiling.
From the Inner Hall accessed via stairs rising to first floor landing, built-in cupboard, doors to all rooms.
Bathroom: 8' 3" x 7' 1" ( 2.51m x 2.16m )
White coloured suite to comprise: Bath with tiling to splash back area, pedestal mounted wash hand basin, low flush w.c., heated towel rail, double glazed window to rear elevation.
Bedroom One: 14' x 12' 3" ( 4.27m x 3.73m )
Picture rail, useful cupboard recess space, fireplace, pedestal mounted wash hand basin, double glazed window to rear elevation.
Bedroom Two: 13' x 12' 1" ( 3.96m x 3.68m )
Exposed oak floor boards, built-in cupboard. Original Tudor Inglenook fireplace and window to front elevation.
Bedroom Three: 16' x 12' 1" ( 4.88m x 3.68m )
Window seat, exposed beams to ceiling, window to front elevation, window to rear elevation.
Access via drive off Russel Street to rear of the property with parking.
Enclosed walled garden with dwarf brick built wall, flower beds, crazy paved patio, garden with raised beds.
Including coal shed, garden store with window, garden room with fireplace and bay window. Slated roof.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40628775.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference STS103326. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Brown & Merry, Stony Stratford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.