4 bedroom cottage for saleSilver Street, Maldon
Offers in Excess of
- REDUCED FROM £650,000 TO £633,750
- Three Reception Rooms
- Two Shower Rooms
- Wealth of Character & Period Features
- Convenient Central Location
A RARE OPPORTUNITY to acquire this BEAUTIFULLY FINISHED AND IMMACULATELY PRESENTED grade II listed property situated IN THE HEART OF MALDONS HISTORIC TOWN CENTRE, a short walk from the High Street with its WEALTH OF AMENITIES.
This superb grade II listed property dates back to the 18th century. Originally a single storey market stall, the original roofline is still visible above the bay window to the front of the property. Having been significantly extended throughout the 18th and 19th centuries, the property now boasts impressive accommodation over two floors, with an open plan living and sitting room spanning the width of the property at the front, behind which are a generous formal dining room and modern fitted kitchen, both opening onto the rear garden. To the first floor are two generous double bedrooms, with two smaller bedrooms to the rear, and two modern shower rooms at either end of the house. The convenient location, just a short walk from the shops and restaurants of Maldons historic High Street, make this a truly unique opportunity and one not to be missed.
Part Glazed Door To :-
Lounge 14' 2" x 13' 8" + bay ( 4.32m x 4.17m + bay )
The oldest part of the property, this impressive reception room features a large bay window to the front aspect, a centrepiece feature brick fireplace shared with the adjoining dining room, which houses multi fuel burning stove. Solid oak flooring, exposed beams and studwork. Stairs rising to first floor. Door leading to Dining Room, radiator, open to :-
Sitting Room 13' 2" + recess x 12' 2" ( 4.01m + recess x 3.71m )
Sash window to front, centrepiece inglenook fireplace housing multi fuel burning stove, solid oak flooring, exposed beams and studwork, radiator, door to kitchen.
Dining Room 13' 1" max x 9' 7" + recess ( 3.99m max x 2.92m + recess )
Double glazed UPVC French doors with flag windows to rear opening onto the garden. Centrepiece brick fireplace shared with the adjoining lounge which houses multi fuel burning stove. Built in storage cupboard, exposed beams and studwork. Radiator.
Kitchen 12' 7" x 10' 9" + recess ( 3.84m x 3.28m + recess )
Sash windows and stable style door to rear opening onto the garden. Modern fitted kitchen comprising stainless steel sink and drainer set in wooden work surfaces with tiled splashbacks and range of eye and base level units neatly fitted into the irregularly shaped room. Comprehensive range of fully integrated appliances. Exposed beams and studwork, concealed staircase leading to first floor.
Range of built in cupboards, loft access, exposed beams and studwork, doors to :-
Bedroom One 14' 2" x 9' + recess ( 4.32m x 2.74m + recess )
Sash window to front, exposed beams and studwork, loft access, radiator.
Modern white suite comprising shower cubicle housing electric shower, low level WC and vanity basin. Chrome heated towel rail.
Bedroom Two 12' 5" x 12' 1" max ( 3.78m x 3.68m max )
Sash window to front, built in wardrobe with automatic lighting, walk in airing cupboard housing gas boiler and hot water cylinder, radiator.
Bedroom Three 9' 8" x 6' 6" ( 2.95m x 1.98m )
Partly restricted ceiling height. Sash window to rear overlooking the garden. Radiator.
Bedroom Four / Dressing Room 9' 4" max x 6' ( 2.84m max x 1.83m )
Sash window to rear overlooking the garden.
Main Shower Room 9' 4" x 6' ( 2.84m x 1.83m )
Window to rear, contemporary white suite comprising double walk in shower, low level WC and large vanity sink. Fully tiled walls, chrome heated towel rail.
Courtyard style rear garden, laid to patio seating area, enclosed by panel fence with range of shrub beds and large wooden shed to remain.
Vendor holds an annual permit for parking in car park on Silver Street, transferable to new owner and costing £580 per annum.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40781946.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference MLN100161. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Maldon. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.