This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
7 bedroom detached house for sale
Silver Lane, Webb Estate, Purley, Surrey, CR8 3HG
- Exclusive address
- 4 reception rooms
- 5 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- 2 bedroom teenage suite
- 2 bedroom self-contained flat
- Private mature gardens
- 15 miles south of London
Oak Lodge is set in the renowned Webb Estate, which covers about 260 acres to the west of Purley. Originally farmland, it was bought by William Webb in 1888 and developed according to his theories outlined in his book “Gardens First” published in 1919. The plots were planned with trees and hedgerows planted and given time to establish before any house construction commenced. Each road had a different character, with Silver Lane being designed to resemble a country lane, bordered by silver birch trees and bulbs. The estate was designated a conservation area in June 1983.
Oak Lodge is within easy reach of Purley and 15 miles south of London, offering the best of country and city life. Purley provides pubs, restaurants, local shopping and a Tesco superstore. There are also sports and leisure facilities nearby, including Purley Sports Club, Woodcote Park and Purley Downs Golf Clubs.
Bluewater Shopping Centre, Whitgift and Centrale in Croydon and The Glades in Bromley.
Mainline Rail Service:
Purley (1.3 miles) to London Bridge (20 minutes) Waterloo East, Charing Cross, Victoria and Gatwick Airport.
Woodcote, Margaret Roper RC, Christ Church C of E, Beaumont and St Nicholas.
The John Fisher School, Thomas More RC, Wallington High, Woodcote High and Croydon High.
Independent Schools: .
Whitgift, Old Palace, Epsom College, Cumnor House, Laleham Lea, Tudor Lodge, Lodge School, St David’s and Surrey Hills.
The A23 Brighton Road leads to Junction 7 of the M25 with access to Dartford Crossing, Channel Tunnel Terminus, Ebbsfleet International, South Coast and Bluewater shopping centre, along with Junction 8 of the M23 to Gatwick Airport.
Points of note include:
• Original features include oak panelling, exposed timbers, oak floor, oak doors, fireplaces, picture rails and leaded light windows.
• The welcoming reception hall features oak floor and a charming brick fireplace. A wide oak staircase turns to the first floor. Rear lobby with fitted cupboard for hanging coats and separate W.C. Rear access door to the garden.
• Double doors open onto the striking and double aspect drawing room, perfect for entertaining. It features a bay window and a prominent fireplace. Side door leads out to a covered seating area and garden terrace.
• The study has a bay window with views over the rear garden, an open fireplace and built in book shelves.
• The focal point in the dining room is the beautiful marble fireplace inset with gas fire. A row of windows allow an abundance of natural light in setting an appealing environment.
• The delightful kitchen/breakfast room is generous in proportion and enjoys views and access to the rear garden. It comprises a comprehensive range of fitted wall and base units, including a moveable central island unit. Appliances include a four oven gas AGA and a Dedietrich induction hob.
• In addition and perfect for extra space whilst entertaining, is the adjoining second kitchen. It is fitted with wall and base units, sink and oven. Space for American style fridge/freezer.
• The well positioned family room is connected to the kitchen. It is currently being utilised as an office, but has also been very beneficial as a play room.
• Rear lobby with access to the utility room and additional staircase leading up to the first floor. A side door opens onto a covered area for access into the self-contained flat and four car garage with gardeners W.C.
• The double aspect master bedroom to the first floor of the main house, provides spacious dimensions with a bank of fitted wardrobes. A delightful bay window enjoys views over the rear garden.
• There are four further bedrooms to the first floor, an additional study/dressing room, and three beautifully fitted bathrooms. Two provide showers and the third benefits from both a shower and a bath.
• The second floor is undoubtedly a hidden gem, combining a fantastic versatile space with two built in double bed areas, an array of fitted cupboards, beautiful original features and views over the rear garden. In addition, it benefits from an en suite bathroom.
• Oak Lodge is approached via a gated carriage driveway providing parking, with a front central lawn featuring two beautiful Magnolia trees. Further parking is available within the four car garage featuring an inspection pit, and car port.
• To the rear of the house, a full width paved terrace extends to the side of the house, perfect for a summer BBQ with an adjoining covered seating area. Expansive landscaped gardens reach out beyond the terrace with a mixture of tree screens, central feature ponds, herbaceous beds and hedging.
• The gardens provide a spacious green oasis of privacy, calm and relaxation.
From our Locksbottom office turn left onto Crofton Road. Turn right at the traffic lights then immediately left onto the A232 Croydon Road. Continue to follow the road for about 8¼ miles, through Croydon and over the Croydon Flyover. Shortly afterwards, turn left onto the A23 Purley Way and follow this into Purley Town Centre. Go around the one-way system, passing the Tesco Extra on your left and take the third exit onto the A23 Banstead Road. Take the first left onto Woodcote Valley Road and then the first right onto Furze Lane. Take the first left onto Furze Hill going through the Webb Estate entrance gates. Continue to follow the road entering Silver Lane. Oak Lodge can be found shortly on your right hand side.