7 bedroom detached house for saleFrant Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2
Guide Price £2,299,000
- well-appointed family home
- 7 bedrooms
- self-contained annexe
- tennis court
- 5,398 sq ft
- cinema room
- detached double garage
- about 0.69 acres
- EPC Rating = C
A well-appointed 7 bedroom family home, extending to 5,398 sq ft and with a self-contained annexe, in a tucked away position convenient for the station and High Street
The historic spa town of Royal Tunbridge Wells is conveniently located about 30 miles South of London, surrounded by countryside and benefitting from elegant architecture and a variety of cultural, entertainment and shopping attractions, including the Chalybeate Spring, two theatres, cafés, restaurants and a mixture of national multiple retailers and independent shops.
This wealth of amenities combine with highly regarded state and private schools to make the town a popular base for City commuters and families alike. Frant Road is well-placed for the mainline station, the High Street, the Pantiles, the Common, Hargate Forest and local sports clubs.
State and private schools: Many highly-regarded schools in the area, including The Mead (about 0.4 miles) and Rose Hill preparatory schools in Tunbridge Wells and Holmewood House School (at Langton Green). Independent secondary schools in Tonbridge, Sevenoaks, Mayfield and Eastbourne and Kent grammars in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge.
Mainline rail: Tunbridge Wells (about 0.9 miles) with regular services to London Charing Cross and Cannon Street (via Waterloo East and London Bridge) from 50 minutes.
Communications: The A21, accessible to the North via the A26 at Southborough, offers a direct link to the M25 London orbital motorway and thereby the national motorway network, Heathrow Airport and the Channel Tunnel terminus. Gatwick Airport lies about 23.5 miles to the Northwest via the A264/M23.
- entrance porch
- reception hall
- drawing room
- kitchen/breakfast and sitting room
- utility room
- cinema room
- galleried landing with high vaulted ceiling
- 6 double bedrooms, 2 en suite
- 2 'Jack-and-Jill' bathrooms
- landing with extensive storage
- 37'6'' games room
- bedroom with sitting area
- car port
- open plan kitchen/reception room
- double bedroom
- detached double garage with garden store
- front and rear gardens
- tennis court
- about 0.69 acres
- EPC (house) = C, (annexe) = C
Constructed about 18 years ago, Foxwell House is a generously-proportioned individual family house tucked away in this convenient location on the popular southern fringes of Tunbridge Wells. The accommodation benefits from good ceiling heights and a stylish finish, with wood internal doors, moulded architraves and extensive wooden flooring. The scale and layout of the space offer flexibility of use, ideal for the needs of the modern family, with the added benefit of a self-contained annexe accessible via a covered walkway from the house. Further points of note include:
- characterful aged wood front door leading to an impressive reception hall with wood flooring and a galleried landing above;
- 24'7" dual-aspect kitchen/breakfast room fitted with painted wood wall and base units under granite worktops and an island unit with breakfast bar. Gas-fired 2-oven Aga and electric companion with a gas hob. Integrated appliances including a microwave and dishwasher and space for an American-style fridge/freezer and wine fridge;
- sitting room, open plan to the kitchen, with double doors out to the conservatory and to the reception hall and a stone fireplace;
- 26'3'' drawing room with an outlook over the garden to two sides, double French doors out to the side and a stone fireplace;
- cinema room fitted with a projector and a screen;
- large landing with space for a seating or study area and a high, vaulted ceiling with rooflights allowing natural light to flood in;
- master bedroom with fitted cupboards and an en suite shower room;
- 5 further good-sized double bedrooms on the first floor, one with an en suite bathroom and the others with 'Jack-and-Jill' bathrooms between;
- two large second floor rooms with vaulted ceilings and Velux windows complete the accommodation in the main house;
- annexe with a car port and gym to the ground floor and an apartment above, with an open plan kitchen/reception, a double bedroom and a bathroom.
The property is approached via a right of way over a private driveway from Frant Road. Electrically-operated wooden gates, with an entryphone system, open onto a gravel driveway providing access to a double garage, separate car port and parking for several cars.
The garden lies predominantly to the rear of the property. A southwest-facing flagstone and brick terrace, accessed from the conservatory, spans the rear of the drawing room and extends out to the side, offering a secluded seating area, with additional shelter from hedging to its periphery and a thatched summer house. A level area of lawn lies beyond the terrace, bordered to the south by a sloping mixed bed which creates a buffer between the garden and the tennis court, which is partially screened from the garden by a yew hedge. The boundaries predominantly comprise substantial evergreen shrubs and trees, lending a good degree of privacy, with the sense of establishment of the garden further enhanced by the presence of a number of mature specime n trees.
Services: Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage.
Outgoings: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council, tax band H.
Agent's note: The photographs were taken in July 2015 and February 2016. The area behind Foxwell House is being developed as a new detached family home with its own access onto the lane.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 5,398 sq ft
Acreage: 0.69 Acres
Head South out of Tunbridge Wells on the A267 (Nevill Street/Frant Road). Pass Birling Road on the left and the shared driveway to 46 Frant Road is the second entrance on the right, about 75 yards along, opposite a bus stop and signalled by a sandstone boulder engraved with the number 46. Bear round to the left at the white picket fence and the gates to Foxwell House will be seen ahead of you.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40904175.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS130362. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.