4 bedroom detached house for saleMaynards Green, Heathfield, East Sussex, TN21
- South facing with superb views
- 4 double bedrooms
- well proportioned living space
- level garden of 0.35 acres
- 2,334 sq ft
- double garage
- Stonegate MLS 8.5 miles
- EPC Rating = C
A beautifully presented 4 bedroom detached family house, set in an elevated position with views over open country to the South.
Freshfields is situated in designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in Maynards Green on the outskirts of the market town of Heathfield (1.4 miles). The property is well screened behind mature hedging with electrically operated remote control entrance gates to the road.
Local facilities include Maynards Green Primary School and good amenities in Horam which is under a mile away, incuding a butchers, pharmacy and post office. Heathfield offers supermarkets and many individual shops, whilst Tunbridge Wells, 16.7 miles to the North, and Eastbourne 15.6 miles t o the South offer more comprehensive facilities.
Preparatory: Skippers Hill in Five Ashes and Vinehall (Robertsbridge). Senior: Heathfield Community College, Eastbourne College, Brighton College, and Bedes in Upper Dicker.
Stonegate (about 8.5 miles). London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street in just over 1 hour.
The A21 via the A265 to the North, linking to the M25.
- entrance hall
- drawing room
- garden room
- kitchen/dining room
- utility room
- boot room
- galleried landing
- master bedroom with en suite shower room
- 3 further double bedrooms
- integral double garage
- open garage
- mature gardens with pond
- driveway parking
- about 0.35 acres
- EPC = C
A modern detached house, presented with a light and bright contemporary finish and offering generous adaptable reception space, together with 4 double bedrooms.
Freshfields enjoys a lovely South facing situation in the small hamlet of Maynards Green, with big picture windows framing views to the rear over mature gardens and the countryside beyond. Points of note include:
- oak joinery, wood flooring and two well appointed bathrooms;
- impressive open plan kitchen/dining room in the heart of the house opening out to the garden terrace. Fitted appliances, include a pyrolytic oven, combi oven and warming drawer, dishwasher and an island breakfast bar. Space for an American-style fridge/freezer;
- dual aspect drawing room featuring a stylish electric fire, with a gloss marble hearth and surround and large bi-fold doors opening out into a superb air conditioned garden room with oak flooring, high vaulted ceiling fitted with fans and two sets of doors out to the garden;
- separate study;
- utility room off the kitchen with space for a washing machine and tumble dryer and door out to a boot room with doors to the front and back of the property and interlinking with the garage.
The lovely mature gardens are a particular feature of the property, stretching to the rear and enclosed by high mixed hedging giving a high degree of privacy.
- good sized level lawn bordered by colourful herbaceous borders;
- pretty pond stocked with fish;
- flagstone terrace flanking the rear of the house;
- fenced kitchen garden with greenhouse;
- well proportioned shed/workshop;
- double garage with remote controlled up and over doors and an open garage adjacent;
- gravel driveway to the front with parking and turning space for several cars.
Gas-fired central heating, mains electricity and drainage.
Wealden District Council: 01892 653311. Tax band G.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 2,334 sq ft
Acreage: 0.35 Acres
From Tunbridge Wells, head South on the A267 through Frant, Mark Cross and Argos Hill. At the Mayfield roundabout take the first exit towards Mayfield village. Follow the road as it bends sharply to the left, before turning right onto Newick Lane. At the end of the lane after about 3 miles, turn right towards Heathfield and then left at the traffic lights onto the B2203. Continue for about a mile into Maynards Green and the entrance to Freshfields will be found after a short distance, on the left-hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40917801.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS150127. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.