Bungalow for saleNorth Duffield, Selby, North Yorkshire, YO8
- Successful holiday letting business
- Unique accommodation
- Four bedroom refurbished owners accommodation
- Three former railway carriages converted into self catering holiday lettings
- One bedroom holiday cottage
- Potential to develop further or diversify to build on the existing business
- Grassland and paddocks
- Situated on the edge of Skipwith Common with good access to York and Selby
- About 1.4 acres
- EPC Rating = E
Successful holiday letting business
Skipwith Station provides an opportunity to purchase an established and improving holiday letting business based on quirky accommodation created from historic railway carriages which have been carefully developed and ideally suited to the former railway station location, providing appeal to families and railway enthusiasts seeking self catering accommodation with a difference. Situated on the edge of Skipwith Common the property is ideally located for access to the City of York as well as the wider tourist attractions found across Yorkshire.
The property includes a four bedroom family home which incorporates the original ticket office and waiting room which have been sympathetically extended and updated to provide comfortable owners accommodation. In addition the property provides four letting units, three of which have been created from former railway carriages together with more recent redevelopment of a former goods building.
Skipwith Station is situated on the former Derwent Valley Light Railway which was constructed from 1912 and stretched 16 miles linking Cliffe to York as a method of transport for the agricultural community. Despite being heavily used during WWII to service Government depots and airfields, demand from agricultural traffic reduced resulting in the line eventually closing in 1985.
The holiday enterprise at Skipwith Station has been carefully developed utilising the history of the site to provide holiday accommodation with a real difference.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40975878.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference YOR160001. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, York. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.