2 bedroom apartment for saleShernfold Park, Frant, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3
Guide Price £375,000
- impressive 2 bedroom first floor apartment
- 1.8 miles Frant mainline station
- 1.7 miles Tunbridge Wells
- 2 reception rooms
- 1,241 sq ft
- en bloc garage
- communal gardens
First floor apartment in this imposing period mansion with wonderful views over the High Weald, about 1.7 miles South of Tunbridge Wells.
Shernfold Park lies within a private estate located off the southern fringe of the green which forms the focal point of this popular quintessential English village. Frant has an active community with amenities including a bowls club, village hall, convenience store with post office, coffee shop, interiors shop, hairdressers, 2 character pubs and a church.
Tunbridge Wells (about 1.7 miles) offers an excellent selection of shopping and recreational facilities.
Mainline rail: Frant station (about 1.8 miles) has regular services to London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street taking just over 1 hour. Tunbridge Wells (about 2.8 miles) is a little further along the same line with a journey time from 50 minutes.
Communications: The M25 can be accessed via the A21 just North of Tunbridge Wells linking to other motorway networks and providing access to Gatwick and Heathrow Airports.
- entrance hall
- sitting room
- dining room
- 2 double bedrooms
- communal gardens and grounds
Shernfold Park is a Grade II listed Victorian mansion, designed by the architect Lewis Vulliamy, built in 1855 and converted into 12 flats around the middle of the last century. The apartments benefit from the attractive mature communal grounds of about 7.6 acres including formal gardens with lawns, terracing, planted borders, gravel pathways and stone balustrading leading to park-like lawns with fine specimen trees and flowering shrubs, from which the stunning views can be enjoyed.
On the market for the first time in about 20 years, number 8 is a first floor apartment in the central portion of the building. The property benefits from timber sash windows, some with shutters still in situ, through which far-reaching southeasterly views over the communal grounds can be enjoyed from the sitting room. The fitted kitchen offers a delightful outlook over the circular drive to the front and a door leads from here into the adjoining dining room. There are two good-sized double bedrooms, one of which has built-in cupboards to either side of a sash window to the front, with a fitted dressing table between.
The apartment has its own en bloc garage, with additional space for parking on the periphery of the circular drive to the front of the house.
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Outgoings: Wealden District Council: 01892 653311. Tax Band F.
Tenure: Leasehold, 999 years from 1 January 1979. Details of maintenance and service charges are available from this office.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000.
If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 1,241 sq ft
From Tunbridge Wells head South on the A267 into Frant village. You will come to the village green on your left. Shernfold Park is the last drive that cuts across the gree n before you leave the village. Once on Shernfold Park, fork right and the drive will take you between stone pillars to a large turning circle in front of the house. The entrance for Flat 8 is to the left-hand end of the elevation facing you upon arrival.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41073927.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160087. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.