2 bedroom apartment for saleAllen Gardiner House, Pembury Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2
- Well presen ted
- 2 double bedrooms
- large reception room
- 2 bathrooms, 1 en suite
- private garden terrace
- 1,285 sq ft
- ground floor
- 2 parking spaces
- EPC Rating = D
Tenure: Share of Freehold
Light and spacious period garden flat.
Allen Gardiner House lies on the East side of Tunbridge Wells and is well-placed for the town centre, the Royal Victoria Place Shopping Centre lying some half a mile away, and benefits from proximity to the historic Dunorlan Park with its network of footpaths, cafe and boating lake. Royal Tunbridge Wells is the only spa town in the Southeast of England, with elegant architecture and a variety of cultural, entertainment and shopping attractions, including the Chalybeate Spring, two theatres, cafés and restaurants and a mixture of national multiple retailers and independent shops.
Mainline rail: Tunbridge Wells (about 0.8 miles) has regular services to London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street from about 50 minutes.
- drawing/dining room
- kitchen/breakfast room
- 2 double bedrooms, 1 en suite
- private garden terrace and borders
- 2 parking spaces
- communal entrance hall
- entry phone system
- communal garden
- EPC = D
1 Allen Gardiner House is a spacious ground floor apartment in this striking Edwardian building. Benefitting from the elegant proportions typical of grand houses of this era, it features high ceilings, deep skirting boards, decorative coving and large timber-framed windows, most of which feature leaded fan-lights with stained glass edging.
Double doors open out from the reception room to a Southeast-facing paved terrace, well-screened by fencing, trellis and carefully positioned mature shrubs and trees, chosen for scent and year-round colour and texture. A brick path curves between the mature shrub beds to steps down to the driveway, the colourful borders continuing, wrapping round the side of the apartment to the front.
Tenure: Leasehold, 125 years from 1 January 2000, with share of freehold.
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Outgoings: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Tax Band D.
Service charge: A service charge is payable bi-annually towards the cost of maintenance of the common parts, details of which are available from the office.
VIEWING Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 1,285 sq ft
From our office in Tunbridge Wells, proceed up the High Street, turning right onto Vale Road, then turning right again at the mini-roundabout onto Grove Hill Road. Continue up the road, carrying on round the sharp left-hand bend at the top of the hill where the road becomes Prospect Road.
Go straight over at the traffic lights onto Pembury Road and pass Kingswood Road on your right. The entrance to Allen Gardiner House and Patagonia House is the third on the right and Allen Gardiner House lies straight ahead. Number 1 is on the ground floor, approached via the main front entrance.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41097477.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS150105. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.