4 bedroom detached house for saleCalverley Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1
- 4 double bedroom character town house
- exceptional garden of 0.32 acres
- 0.5 miles MLS/town centre
- 3 reception rooms
- 2,002 sq ft
- 2 bathrooms
- off street parking
- edge of Calverley Park
- EPC Rating = E
AN UNEXPECTED OASIS.
Character town house with an exceptional garden
on the edge of Calverley Park, about 1/2 a mile from the mainline station.
The Little House is about ½ mile from Tunbridge Wells mainline station and the High Street. The town offers excellent amenities with two theatres, many restaurants and leisure facilities. The property is accessed from the road through electrically operated remote controlled gates opening to the parking area. A red brick pathway under a wisteria covered arbour leads to the side door, giving entry to the kitchen.
Private and state schools:
There is a wide choice of schools in the area, including Kent grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge.
Tunbridge Wells (0.6 miles) has fast and frequent services to London Charing Cross and Cannon Street via London Bridge with journey times from 50 minutes.
The A21 can be accessed from Tunbridge Wells, linking to the M25 and all other motorway networks, Gatwick and Heathrow airports and the coast.
- 3 reception rooms
- master bedroom with en suite bath/shower room
- 3 further double bedrooms
- family bathroom
- roof terrace
- store room
- off street parking
- about 0.32 acres
Lying within the curtilage of the historic Grade II listed Calverley Park, The Little House is a most delightful period home, enjoying a central location just over ½ a mile from the town centre.
The superb garden is a stunning feature of the property, providing a pretty outlook from the South facing rooms and abutting the Park's listed early 19th century perimeter wall to the North. Points of note include:
- well presented with a style in keeping with the period;
- elegant and well proportioned reception rooms, high ceilings and sash windows enhancing the natural light;
- formal drawing room with several decorative built-in cupboards and shelves and a pretty fireplace;
- South facing sitting room with double doors opening out to a large courtyard garden to bring the "outside in" and offering excellent adaptable space for entertaining, with doors interlinking to a separate dining room;
- stylish modern kitchen with granite worktops, and fitted with integrated appliances, including electric oven, combi oven, 4 ring induction hob, with space for an American-style fridge/freezer;
- half landing with an external door set within the wall to the front of the house;
- pretty master bedroom enjoying an easterly aspect and benefitting from the morning sun, with views across the Park towards the town centre. Fitted with a range of built-in wardrobes and with a well appointed contemporary style en suite bath/shower room;
- 3 further double bedrooms with built-in cupboards and a family bathroom complete the accommodation.
The Little House enjoys the luxury of an intriguing and unusually large landscaped town garden of about 0.32 acres, which lies to the rear and creates a well screened oasis of year round colour and interest.
Several distinct areas, including a flagstone courtyard with a pond and a good sized lawn, are interlinked by paths, with a number of relaxing corners for enjoyment of the lovely surroundings.
The wall to the North provides enough shelter to sustain Australian inspired-plantings of specimen tree ferns, phormium and palms. The remainder of the garden is bounded by high hedging giving a good level of privacy to all sides and supports a wide variety of shrubs and trees, including acers, azaleas, oak, silver birch, a graceful weeping willow, camellia, tree peonies, fig, magnolia, roses, clipped holly and yew hedging and colourful herbaceous borders.
A gravelled driveway provides a generous parking and turning area, in front of a garage.
The Calverley Park boundary wall on the North side of the property is Grade II listed. It must, therefore, be assumed that The Little House, being curtilage listed, would require listed bui ldings consent for any works.
Gas-fired central heating, mains water, electricity and drainage.
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Tax Band G.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 2,002 sq ft
Acreage: 0.32 Acres
From our offices in Tunbridge Wells High Street, turn right onto Vale Road. At the roundabout take the second exit onto Grove Hill Road. Continue past Calverley Park on the left hand side to a sharp left hand bend which designates the junction with Prospect Road. Continue to the traffic lights at the end of Prospect Road and turn left into Calverley Road. The double gates to the Little House will be seen after a short distance on the left-hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41117256.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS150361. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.