4 bedroom detached house for saleStream Road, Upton
Withdrawn from Market
- Charming 17th Century Thatched Cottage
- 4 Bedrooms
- Stylish Refitted Bathroom and Separate Shower Room
- Hand Finished Solid French Oak Kitchen
- Generous Split Level Sitting Room
- Inglenook Fireplace With Wood Burner
- Intergrated Kitchen Appliances & Traditional AGA
- Oil Fired Central Heating with Combi Boiler Beautifully Presented Throughout
- Variety of Outbuildings Including Green House and "Posh Sheds" Shed
A delightful Grade II listed 17th century detached timber framed cottage, set in a beautifully
stocked large cottage garden in the heart of Upton Village.
Stocks offers unusually practical accommodation arranged over 3 floors. The present
owner has updated elements of the cottage adding a hand painted solid French Oak
kitchen, complete with integrated appliances AGA, and marble surfaces which opens
through to the dining area. The bathroom and 2nd floor shower room have been renewed
with high quality elegant fittings which complement the character of the building.
Original features include many of the internal doors and natural finish exposed timbers, a
substantial inglenook fireplace fitted with a woodburning stove, whilst more contemporary
fittings including the handmade oak staircase and timber planked floors have been
sympathetically blended with the original cottage to create a truly unique character property.
Upton is a pretty and unspolit village just 4 miles from Didcot with some lovely period
houses, a village pub and church. Local primary schooling will be found at the neighbouring
village of Blewbury whilst more comprehensive shopping and leisure facilities are available
at Didcot including the Orchard Centre and Didcot Parkway rail station
(Paddington 45 minutes).
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 6633413. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Thomas Merrifield, Didcot. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.