Land for saleMaltings Road, Thorpe-le-Soken, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, CO16
- 3.3 acres (1.3 hectares)
- Residential development site
- 54 residential and 1 commercial unit
- Freehold with vacant possession
- Approximately 1. 34 hectares (3.31 acres)
- Tendring District Council
A development site adjacent to Thorpe Le Soken railway station
The property is located on the outskirts of the town of Thorpe le Soken, in North East Essex.
Thorpe-le-Soken High Street is situated c. half a mile to the north of the site, accommodating a range of facilities including shops, post office, junior school, senior school, public houses and restaurant. Supermarkets are available within five to ten minutes drive. The village is some 20 minutes drive to Colchester, or an 18 minute train journey. London is a 70 minute direct service.
Lifehouse Spa & Hotel is a short distance to the east of the site, providing luxury spa style hotel facilities constructed in the grounds of the old Thorpe Hall. The gym and health club is open to the public.
The site is situated off Station Road, directly adjacent to the Railway Station, extending to approximately 1.34 hectares (3.316 acres) and falls within Thorpe Station and Maltings Conservation Area. Part of the Maltings complex is Grade II listed and the facade is to be retained as part of the consented development scheme.
Planning consent was granted in 2014 for the development of 54 dwellings and one commercial unit, under planning reference 13/01385/FUL. Details of units consented as follows:
Town Houses within new build West Malting 4
Town Houses (retained façade East Malting) 5
Total Town Houses 9
East Malting Apartments (retained façade) 4
West Malting Apartments 4
Central Kiln Apartments 14
Flats above New Build Commercial Unit (Shop) 2
Total Apartments 24
Former King Edward VII Public House
Converted Houses 3
New Build Houses 18
Existing Wayleaves, Easements and Right of Ways
The site will be sold subject to and with the benefit of all wayleaves, easements and right of ways, whether or not mentioned in these particulars.
Tenure and Possession
The site is available for sale on a freehold basis.
Viewing should be arrange by prior appointment with Savills. Prospective purchasers should note that Savills take no responsibility for any injury or accident at the site. Viewers visit the site at their own risk.
Should you wish to make an appointment, please contact Tony Lockwood +44 (0) 1245 293263, or firstname.lastname@example.org
The King Edward site has an Option to Tax in force; VAT will be charged unless suitable certification is provided.
Method of Sale
The marketing process is to be concluded by informal tender. Deadline for offers to be confirmed. In submitting offers, parties should provide sufficient information to allow to allow the vendor to assess the nature of the proposal and the level of due diligence undertaken.
Informal tenders should be sent to the agents, for the attention of Tony Lockwood, Savills, 136 New London Road, Chelmsford Essex CM2 0RG or by email to email@example.com
The vendors do not undertake to accept the highest offer or indeed any offer.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their clients or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representation of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or othervise.
Acreage: 3.31 Acres
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CHD160069. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills New Homes, Chelmsford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.