4 bedroom semi-detached house for saleIngham, Norwich, Norfolk, NR12
- 4 reception rooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Off-street parking
- In all 0.71 of an acre (est)
A delightful Grade II listed village house with a large historic garden
The small village of Ingham is situated in an unspoilt rural position bordering open farmland between the town of Stalham (1½ miles) which has an excellent range of shops and amenities including secondary schools and the northeast Norfolk coast at Sea Palling (2 miles) has unspoilt sandy beaches. Being in the centre of the Norfolk Broads area, the property is well located for excellent walking, sailing and wildlife. Norwich, the cathedral city and regional centre of East Anglia, is about 17 miles. The village of Ingham itself has a magnificent 14th century church and a fine dining coaching inn, The Ingham Swan, which adjoins the property to the south.
Town House is a most attractive Grade II listed period property with origins going back to the 14th century but mostly dating from the 18th and 19th centuries. The house is traditionally constructed of flint and brick under a mainly thatched roof with a part-pantile roof to the rear. The property occupies a historic site with much of the garden originally forming part of the ancient Ingham Priory, which ceased to function before the Dissolution of the Monasteries in the early 16th century.
The property was acquired by the current owners in 1982 and has been a much loved family home since then. Much work has been carried out over the years including most recently the creation of a large kitchen/breakfast room with a garden room extension facing south onto a paved terrace with views towards the magnificent church tower. As can be seen from the floorplans, the property has surprisingly spacious and well arranged accommodation with three main reception rooms at the front of the house facing west with the dining room, kitchen, and breakfast/garden room to the rear on the garden side of the house. There are also four bedrooms, one on the ground floor and a further three on the first floor.
There is also a useful outbuilding on the ground floor with planning consent to convert this brick and pantiled outbuilding into an annexe/secondary accommodation. The property has a large and delightful garden to the rear and east with the church forming a backdrop to the south.
There is a vehicular access to the south of The Ingham Swan restaurant which leads to a gravelled drive and parking area where a double garage is also situated. There is a further vehicular access to the east of the house off the Sea Palling Road where there is also further parking space and a timber garage.
The garden at Town House is a particularly delightful feature with the splendid 14th century church forming the backdrop to the south. The historic garden originally formed part of Ingham Priory and later marl workings have produced the undulating topography which has created a garden of real character with areas of sunken lawn surrounded by shrubberies and ornamental trees with much underplanting of spring bulbs and flowers. Immediately to the south and east of the house there is a paved terrace approached by French windows off the breakfast/garden room and dini ng room. This in turn leads through to the main garden. The garden is a haven for wildlife and forms part of a Conservation Area. The land in all extends to 0.71 of an acre (est).
1. The property enjoys a vehicular right of access to the south of The Ingham Swan which leads onto a gravelled drive and parking area to the south of the house.
2. The property is attached to The Ingham Swan to the south.
Mains water and electricity, drainage to septic tank and mainly oil fired central heating.
North Norfolk District Council: Band D.
Fixtures & Fittings
All fixtures and fittings including fitted carpets and curtains are specifically excluded from the sale, but may be available in addition, subject to separate negotiation.
Strictly by appointment with Savills. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 2,983 sq ft
Acreage: 0.71 Acres
Leave Norwich on the A1151 Wroxham Road and driving through Wroxham, continue towards Stalham turning left where signposted 'Walcott, Bacton and Happisburgh'. At the T-junction, turn right signposted 'Stalham only ½ a mile' then turn left on the edge of the village towards Ingham (Ingham Road). At Ingham, as you approach the junction, you will see The Ingham Swan ahead and the church on the right. The owners suggest you park by the church and then walk to the front door of Town House, passing The Ingham Swan on the right. Note there is separate vehicular access and off-street parking to the south of The Ingham Swan and also to the east of the property off Sea Palling Road. The postcode for the property is NR12 9AB.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41363010.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NRS160040. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.