3 bedroom terraced house for saleFitzgerald Road, Lewes
- FOREVER POPULAR OLD MALLING AREA
- Three bedroom family home
- Good sized rear garden with side access
- Wonderful downland views
- Refitted modern bathroom
- Brick built outbuilding and separate store
- Open working fire
Fox and Sons are pleased to offer this charming three bedroom family home which has been greatly improved by the current owners and boasts a cool interior, wonderful rear garden and lovely green outlooks over the green towards Malling Down.
This deceptively spacious three bedroom family home has enjoyed much improvement by its current caring owners who have tried, and in our opinion, have proved extremely successful in returning most of its period charm which had been previously lost. With a wonderful light and airy feel the property now emanates a great sense of character with an array of fixtures and fittings and retro interior which give clear indication to its mid 20th century age. The well-arranged, family orientated ground floor accommodation briefly comprises sitting room to the front with large window from which you can take in the view across the communal green towards Malling Down and a lovely open working fire alongside the retro inspired kitchen diner which measures in at nearly 20 ft! To the first floor there are three good bedrooms and gorgeous refitted family bathroom with bespoke tiling and period fittings. The West facing enclosed and rear garden is predominately laid to lawn - making it perfect for doggies and comes with a brick built outbuilding which is crying out for conversion to home office! Fitzgerald Road is very popular amongst young families due to its most convenient position for the highly sought after South Malling Primary school and recreational grounds alongside a frequent bus service which connects Lewes to Brighton's city centre, wonderful countryside walks and a pleasant walk into Lewes town centre.
Front garden laid predominantly to lawn with mature rose borders and perennials. Dwarf brick wall to front and paved pathway leading to covered entrance with UPVC obscured double glazed front door with window to side opening into:
Stairs ascend to first floor landing with bespoke timber banister and storage cupboard under which house the gas meter and electrical socket. Coved ceiling, area for coat hanging, low level cupboard housing electric consumer unit and column style radiator. Door with Bakelite handle through to kitchen diner and further door through to;
Sitting Room 13' 8" x 12' 1" ( 4.17m x 3.68m )
UPVC double glazed window to front overlooking front garden and communal green towards Malling Down. Column style radiator, picture rail, coved ceiling and open working fire with tiled period surround.
Kitchen Diner 19' 11" x 8' 6" ( 6.07m x 2.59m )
Twin UPVC double glazed windows to rear overlooking rear garden. Coved ceiling, radiator and Marmoleum flooring. Freestanding base kitchen units to include cupboards and drawers with twin wall mounted storage cupboards over alongside separate sink unit with stainless steel single bowl sink and drainer. Under stairs larder cupboard with shelving. Space and plumbing for at tall standing fridge freezer, washing machine, slim line dishwasher and free standing gas cooker. Obscured UPVC double gazed door with cat flap opening onto;
Timber fence enclosed predominantly laid to lawn with flower borders, two fruit trees and mature climbers and roses. Brick built outbuilding with window offering the potential for conversion alongside separate storage shed. Gate offering access to side passage.
First Floor Landing
Hatch offering access in fully insulated and part boarded loft space with pull down ladder and light. Doors with Bakelite handles open into all three bedrooms and further door into;
Bathroom 7' 8" x 5' 6" ( 2.34m x 1.68m )
Obscured UPVC double glazed window to rear. Three piece white bathroom suite comprising paneled enclosed steel bath with mixer taps and thermostat shower over in period style with hand held shower attachment on riser. Period style pedestal wash hand basin and low level period style toilet. Column style integrated radiator and towel rail, coved ceiling with flush bathroom light fitting and bespoke part tiled surround. Extractor fan and vinyl floor.
Bedroom One 12' 3" x 10' ( 3.73m x 3.05m )
UPVC double glazed window to front offering views over front garden and communal green towards Malling Down. Built in twin wardrobes with hanging and shelving over, feature period fireplace, column style radiator, picture rail and coved ceiling.
Bedroom Two 10' 11" x 8' 7" ( 3.33m x 2.62m )
UPVC double glazed window to rear overlooking rear garden. Built in storage cupboard with shelving and further built in cupboard housing combination boiler with storage over. Radiator, picture rail and coved ceiling.
Bedroom Three 8' 10" x 5' 11" into recess ( 2.69m x 1.80m into recess )
UPVC double glazed window to front offering views over front gardens and communal green towards Malling Down. Built in storage cupboard with hanging, picture rail and coved ceiling.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41463945.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LEW102670. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fox & Sons, Lewes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.