Commercial Property for saleBraintree
FOR SALE - GUIDE PRICE £200,000
The owner will consider the sale of the barn for business, employment or community uses, subject to terms being agreed. The property will be sold subject to the following terms:
Purchase of the property is subject to a covenant restricting the use to only business, employment or community uses.
- There will be a requirement for the purchaser (or successors) to pay a further £200,000 if any residential or other change of use is achieved enabling the property to be used for any form of domestic habitation.
The landlord will consider conversion of the barn to a range of business, employment or community uses subject to obtaining the necessary planning consent.
The total floor area is approximately 4,984 sq ft and the building could be divided to provide smaller units as follows:
- Unit 1 - Ground floor and first floor mezzanine - 1,334 sq ft approx
- Unit 2 - Ground floor - 1,506 sq ft approx
- Unit 3 - Ground floor - 1,184 sq ft approx
- Unit 4 - Ground floor and first floor mezzanine - 1,001 sq ft approx
Tenants will be expected to sign an Agreement to Lease prior to any works commencing.
The conversion cost, including ground works and utility connections, is estimated to be in the order of £40,000 depending on use and specification of conversion. Conversion is anticipated to take 6-9 months depending on specification.
Rent shall be agreed dependent on use and tenants' requirements. Indicative rents are:
- Storage - £2.00/sq ft to £3.00/sq ft
- Workshop - £3.50/sq ft to £5.00/sq ft
- Office/Business - £6.00/sq ft to £8.00/sq ft
Tenants can seek to finance or undertake conversion themselves and receive a rent free period in lieu of costs, subject to signing suitable lease terms.
Planning permission for a change of use and conversion will be required. An application will need to be submitted once proposed uses and specifications are known and agreed. Listed Building Consent is also required. Obtaining planning consent is likely to take 3-6 months. Who bears the cost of obtaining planning permission will be dependent on terms.
Business Rates are payable to Braintree District Council by the tenant. The current Rateable Value is £12,500pa. Tenants should make their own inquiries as to the level of payment due and availability of any reliefs.
Whirledge & Nott does not have any authority to give representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract. All descriptions, photographs and plans are for guidance only and should not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. All measurements are approximate. No assumption should be made that the property has the necessary planning, building regulations or other consents. Whirledge & Nott has not carried out a survey nor tested any appliances, services or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Strictly by appointment Viewing of the property is entirely at the risk of the enquirer. Neither Whirledge & Nott nor the vendor accept any responsibility for any damage, injury or accident during viewing.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 3214. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Whirledge and Nott, Residential. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.