Detached Bungalow for saleAbbess Roding
Guide Price £500,000
- Detached Bungalow
- Rural Location
- Approximately 4.219 Acres
The property is situated in a rural location approximately 2 miles from the A1060.
Abbess Roding is approximately 4.5 miles from the village of Hatfield Heath and approximately 7 miles from the town of Ongar. Harlow, Bishop's Stortford, Chelmsford City and Stansted Airport are easily accessible.
The nearby village of White Roding offers the closest facilities and a public house. Hatfield Heath has a primary school, doctors' surgery, village hall, Co-Op store, bakery, public houses, restaurants and various take-away establishments.
The bungalow was originally constructed in the late 1960's and had later additions in the 1990's. The property as it stands now is presented as two separate dwellings and offers a prospective purchaser the opportunity of possible redevelopment, subject to planning permission being granted, or annexe potential if desired. There is a connecting door between the two.
The accommodation comprises:
- Entrance Porch: Glazed door to:
- Entrance Hall
- Dining Room 4.88m x 3.36m: Brick fireplace and hearth, upvc double glazed window to front.
- Lounge 7.04m x 3.67m:Two upvc double glazed patio doors to rear, air-conditioning unit, interconnecting door to annexe.
- Kitchen 4m x 2.67m: Upvc double glazed window to rear, stainless steel sink and drainer, electric double oven, electric hob with extractor hood over, work surfacing with cupboards above and below, space for white goods, access to insulated loft via loft ladder.
- Bedroom One 3.9m x 3.1m: Upvc double glazed window to front.
- Bedroom Two 2.91m x 2.87: Upvc double glazed window to front.
- Bathroom: White suite comprising bath, wash hand basin and wc (bathroom is unfinished).
- Conservatory: Wooden construction with double glazed windows. Upvc double glazed double entrance doors and two single doors one at either end.
- Kitchen 3.43m x 2.3m: Upvc double glazed window and door to rear, stainless steel one and a half sink and drainer, work surfacing with cupboards above and below, space for cooker with extractor hood over, further space for white goods.
- Lounge/Diner 4.58m x 2.88m (Lounge Area) 5.55m x 3.57m (Dining Area): Brick fireplace and hearth, two upvc double glazed windows to front, upvc double glazed patio doors to rear, laminate floor.
- Study 3.6m x 3.57m: Upvc double glazed window to front, double built in cupboard (containing storage tank and also access door to main property), access to loft which we understand is boarded and insulated.
- Bedroom One 4.27m x 2.87m: Upvc double glazed window to front.
- Bedroom Two 2.91m x 2.87m: Upvc double glazed window to side.
- Bathroom: Three piece suite comprising panelled bath with shower over, pedestal sink and wc, upvc double glazed window to rear.
The property can be accessed from Anchor Lane via two entrances, one to the front and the other to the rear, both with concrete driveways.
The property is sited on a plot of approximately 4.219 acres (1.707 ha) overall. The more formal garden is situated to the rear with patio area, various shrubs and trees and two sheds to remain.
There is a garage/workshop, measuring 6.14m x 4.48m, from which a temporary office has been formed with kitchenette, wc, power and light and an adjacent open fronted barn.
There is a Nissan hut within the grounds measuring 10.8m x 4.9m with power and light connected.
Whirledge & Nott does not have any authority to give representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract. All descriptions, photographs and plans are for guidance only and should not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. All measurements are approximate. No assumption should be made that the property has the necessary planning, building regulations or other consents. Whirledge & Nott has not carried out a survey nor tested any appliances, services or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Strictly by appointment Viewing of the property is entirely at the risk of the enquirer. Neither Whirledge & Nott nor the vendor accept any responsibility for any damage, injury or accident during viewing.
We understand that mains water and electricity are connected. There is private drainage. The main property has no heating other than an air conditioning unit in the lounge. The annexe is heated via an electric air source heat pump with heating ducts to each room.
The property is assessed as Council Tax Band G.
The property is subject to a Town Planning condition that states 'the occupation of the dwelling hereby permitted shall be limited to persons employed or last employed in agriculture as defined in Section 221 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1968 or in Forestry and the dependents of such persons'.
Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the nature of the restriction by reference to a Town Planning consultant or their solicitor.
The local planning authority is Epping Forest District Council and purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the availability of planning permission for their intended use and occupation.
In the event that any future purchaser is able to remove the agricultural occupancy condition at any time within 20 years of the purchase, they shall pay to the current vendors a fixed sum of £50,000, such sum to be increased in line with Consumer Price Index.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 3259. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Whirledge and Nott, Great Dunmow. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.