5 bedroom detached house for saleFreshford, near Bath
- 5 bedrooms (1 currently 0ffice/study & Bed 5/sitting room), 2 bathrooms (1 en suite)
- Characterful sitting & dining room with woodburners, kitchen/breakfast room, large entrance hall
- 2 garages & range of outbuildings. Extensive grounds extending to 14 acres approx with lake, paddock, lawns & wooded areas
- Within 5 miles of Bath & 5 minutes from Freshford Village amenities and station with links to Bath
- Internal area 2565 sq ft/238 sq m. Outbuildings 1734 sq ft/161 sq m. Video tour.
Guide Price: £1,950,000
An incredibly rare opportunity to purchase an enchanting country residence with breathtaking views overlooking the Avon Valley. Approached via a long private driveway and dating back to 1724 in parts, Pond House Farm has been lovingly improved and extended by the current owner to create a most wonderful family home. Set in stunning peaceful grounds of approximately 14 acres approximately yet convenient for both Freshford (& station) and the Georgian City of Bath. One of the finest properties in the area and a viewing is encouraged to appreciate its wonderful peace & charm.
• 5 bedrooms (1 currently office/study and another bed 5/sitting room) 2 bathrooms (1 en suite to bedroom 1 on ground floor)
• Wonderful characterful sitting room with woodburning stove, dining room with woodburning stove, kitchen/breakfast room, large entrance hall
• 2 garages, store, privy, large greenhouse with planting beds extensive kitchen garden below and fruit cages, potting shed/kennel, wood store and further store for lawn mower. Summer house
• Extensive grounds extending to 14 acres to include wonderful array of trees, shrubs and plants. Large lake. Range of cascading ponds and waterfalls running along the lower edge of the estate. Wooded areas, further orchards/paddock, garden walkways, borders, seating & patio areas. Large area of lawned sections
• Within 5 miles of Bath and 5 minutes from Freshford Village amenities
• Internal area 2565 sq ft/238 sq m. Outbuildings 1734 sq ft/161 sq m
• Video tour available online.
Pond House Farm approached via its own impressive driveway is situated in a Designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in the historic village of Freshford. The property lies within five miles of the World Heritage City of Bath, which has comprehensive shopping, cultural and recreational facilities and numerous notable buildings, including the Theatre Royal, the Pump Rooms, the Roman Baths, the Assembly Rooms and the Thermae Bath Spa. Amenities near to hand in Freshford and Limpley Stoke include a railway station, pubs and community shop and village hall. The immediate area is well served by several notable independent schools including King Edward’s, Kingswood, The Royal High, Prior Park College and Monkton Combe in Bath, with Wells Cathedral and Downside to the south. A well renowned Primary School is located in Freshford Village. Bath Race Course is on the North side of the city and the area has a number of Golf Clubs, Country Clubs and other sporting facilities. The University of Bath’s superb sport training village is available for public use and is just 3 miles away. Communications are excellent with Junctions 17 and 18 of the M4 being approximately 15 miles away. High speed trains to London Paddington are available from Chippenham (75mins approx.) and Bath Spa (90mins approx.), soon to be even quicker with the introduction of electrification to the Paddington Line due over the next couple of years. There is a local station nearby at Freshford which is within walking distance and easily reached by car (5 mins) with frequent links to Bath and Bradford-on-Avon.
We are advised that mains gas, electricity and water are supplied to the property. Private drainage.
Useful Local Information Website www.bathnes.gov.uk Bath & North East Somerset Council Website including schools, council tax etc
Energy Performance Certificate
Leave Bath on the A36 Warminster Road. Proceed over the Viaduct at the bottom of Brassknocker Hill and continue up the hill through the woods passing the Rose and Crown Public House (currently disused) on the left. Continue along the A36 and take the 4th turning left into Abbey Lane for Homewood Park Hotel on the corner. Proceed down the lane keeping to the right into Rosemary Lane. Continue down the lane and past the row of cottages on the right hand side. Shortly after this you will see the driveway and sign for Pond House Farm. The gates may be closed and if so you will need to open and close that manual gate. The vendor will be alerted that you are approaching. Proceed along and down driveway into the car parking area.
Crown Copyright. All rights reserved. License number 100036608.
APPOINTMENTS TO VIEW AND ALL NEGOTIATIONS MUST BE CONDUCTED THROUGH THE AGENTS. These particulars do not constitute, nor constitute any part of, any offer or contract and all statements made herein are made without responsibility on the part of Pritchards or the Vendor. Any intending purchaser should satisfy themselves as to their correctness. The Vendor does not make nor give, and neither Pritchards nor any person on their employment has any authority to make or give, any representation or warranty in relation to this property. These particulars are supplied on the understanding that all negotiations are conducted through the agents above. REF JB/69/draft
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41557722.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 7362. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Pritchards, Bath. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.