5 bedroom detached house for saleCryals Road, Matfield, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12
- stylish period house with detached annexe
- 5 bedrooms, 3 bath/shower rooms
- 3 reception rooms
- kitchen/breakfast room
- 3,194 sq ft
- semi-rural position 1.5 miles Matfield village
- 4 miles Paddock Wood MLS
- EPC Rating = E
A stylish character home, together with a self-contained annexe, situated in a semi-rural position with 1.60 acres and well placed for schools and stations
Cryals Lodge is situated on the fringe of Matfield with its quintessential village green, duck pond and cricket pitch, about 6 miles East of Tunbridge Wells. Village amenities include a butcher (who also supplies vegetables, cheese and bread) a general store with newsagent, off-licence, post office and groceries, a hairdressers, three pubs and a restaurant. There are many easily-accessible footpaths and cycle routes, including the High Weald Landscape Trail, and regular bus services run to Paddock Wood and Tunbridge Wells.
State and private schools:
Brenchley and Horsmonden primaries, preparatories in Goudhurst (Bethany), Cranbroook (Dulwich), Hawkhurst (St Ronans and Marlborough House), Langton Green (Holmewood House) and the Schools at Somerhill, Beechwood Sacred Heart, Kent College for girls (Pembury), Tonbridge School for Boys, and state grammar schools in Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells and Cranbrook.
The nearby A21 links directly to the M25 London orbital to the North, and thereby the national motorway network and Gatwick and Heathrow airports.
- entrance porch
- entrance hall
- sitting room
- family room
- dining room
- kitchen/breakfast room
- cloakroom/utility room
- galleried landing with study area
- master bedroom with dressing room and en suite shower room
- 2 bedrooms sharing a "Jack and Jill" shower room
- 2 further bedrooms
- family bath/wet room
- open plan kitchen/sitting room
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- landscaped garden
- barbecue house
- driveway parking
- about 1.60 acres in total
- EPC: House = E, Annexe = G
Originally the lodge house for Cryals Court, an impressive Edwardian country house which lies to the South East, this beautifully presented period home has been stylishly updated using many reclaimed materials, bespoke joinery, and contemporary fixtures and fittings and has the benefit of an additional self-contained annexe.
The house has had a complete "makeover", with the opening up of the reception hall to create adaptable light and open plan space, with a striking galleried landing and skylights above.
The property is conveniently located in a semi-rural position about 1.5 miles from the popular village of Matfield, and about 4 miles from Paddock Wood mainline station with regular services to London Bridge, Charing Cross and Cannon Street from 42 minutes. Further points of note include:
- entrance porch/boot room with storage cupboards and a glazed door opening into the impressive reception hall, with traditional oak parquet flooring and a balustrade staircase rising up to the first floor;
- sitting room with parquet floor, bespoke fitted oak cupboards, with an attractive rattan finish, a contemporary dual-aspect glazed gas fire and wide bi-fold doors opening out to a decked terrace;
- generously-proportioned family kitchen/breakfast room with parquet floor, bi-fold doors out to the garden and fitted with stylish wall and base units, corian work tops, a central island unit/breakfast bar, walnut veneered cupboards to one wall and fitted Neff appliances including twin electric ovens (one steam, one fan) a gas hob, twin induction hobs and an AEG dishwasher;
- dining room, open plan to the kitchen and presented in a period style with louvred shutters, decorative moulding and a separate family room;
- cloakroom, currently serving as a utility area, with space for a washing machine and a tumble dryer;
- galleried landing on the first floor, with space for a study area and enjoying a view over the garden through big windows, and on to orchards beyond;
- master bedroom suite with a dressing room and a well-appointed en suite shower room;
- 4 further bedrooms, two sharing a shower room, and a stylish family bath/wet room on the first floor.
A delightful and useful addition to the main house offering private, self contained accommodation with its own dedicated access.
- open plan fitted kitchen/sitting room with bi-fold doors out to a decked terrace;
- ground floor bedroom and bathroom;
- spiral staircase to a well-proportioned first floor bedroom/studio, with views over the garden, and a shower room.
The gardens are a lovely feature of the property, with a contemporary feel and bordered by high mixed hedging to the boundary. Landscaped terraces span the doors to the living areas, creating flexible space for summer entertaining, and merging into a good area of level lawn. An enclosed field of about 1.2 acres lies to the South, providing additional space close by, ideal for children and animals.
- flagstone terrace with under lit raised beds supporting a variety of shrubs including roses and olive trees, and edged with low box hedging;
- decked terrace with under lights and a courtyard area with the annexe beyond;
- delightful barbecue house (with lighting and power sockets) located in the far corner of the garden;
- substantial gravel parking and turning area;
- outbuildings including a garage and store.
Oil-fired central heating, mains water and drainage. LPG gas for hob and fire.
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Tax Band G.
Viewing: Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. SK/613003
From the Pembury Road intersection on the A21, travel South and continue straight ahead over the roundabout (Kippings Cross), remaining on the A21. After about a 1/3rd of a mile, turn left into Cryals Road. Continue on this road for about 1.3 miles until you reach Petteridge Lane on the left and the gate to Cryals Lodge will be found on the right hand side, just before the main entrance to Cryals Court.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41563983.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160053. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.