6 bedroom detached house for saleCherry Gardens Hill, Groombridge, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3
Sold STC £1,195,000
- immaculately-presented family house
- well-placed for schools and stations
- 6 bedrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- 3,642 sq ft
- kitchen/dining/family room
- detached garage and stores
- about 0.99 acres
- EPC Rating = B
An immaculately-presented 6 bedroom family home
located on the southern outskirts of this popular village,
well-placed for schools and mainline stations
Cheriton Lodge lies about 1.3 miles to the South of Groombridge village, about 5.5 miles Southwest of Tunbridge Wells. The village has a thriving local community and amenities include a well-regarded primary school, GP's surgery, general store, bakery, post office, two churches and two public houses. Leisure facilities include a cricket ground, recreation ground with children's play area, the Forest Way Country Park with its 9.5 mile cycle path and the historic Groombridge Place.
State and private schools: Groombridge (St Thomas' C.E. - "Outstanding" Ofsted, June 2009), and St Michael's Withyham primaries. Preparatory schools include Holmewood House (Langton Green), Rose Hill (Tunbridge Wells), Ashdown House and Michael Hall Steiner Waldorf (Forest Row) and Brambletye (Ashurstwood). Kent grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge and independent secondaries in Mayfield, Ardingly, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks.
Mainline rail: Eridge (about 2.8 miles), London Bridge from 55 minutes. Tunbridge Wells (about 5.9 miles), Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street from 50 minutes.
Communications: The M25 via the A22 to the West and the A21 to the East, links to the national motorway network and thereby to Heathrow and Gatwick airports, the south coast ports and the Channel Tunnel terminus.
- solid oak and sandstone entrance porch
- entrance hall
- drawing room
- kitchen/dining/family room
- sitting room
- utility room
- cloak/shower room
- master bedroom suite
- 4 further double bedrooms (2 en suite)
- family bathroom
- bedroom/games room
- store/potential bathroom
- front and rear gardens
- garage and store rooms
- about 0.99 acres in all
- EPC = B
Cheriton Lodge is a bespoke contemporary family home, constructed for the vendors about 2 years ago. The light and spacious accommodation is arranged over three floors, comprising generous living and entertaining space and six double bedrooms.
The specification includes underfloor heating throughout the ground and first floors, oak joinery, including an attractive staircase, marble and limestone flooring to the ground floor and stylish kitchen and bathroom fittings. A number of environmentally-friendly features have also been incorporated into the property, including thermodynamic solar heating and hot water provision, photovoltaic panels for electricity generation, a rainwater harvesting system and an air re-circulation system. Further points of note include:
- kitchen/dining/family room with bi-fold doors to two sides of the southernmost corner leading out to the garden terrace and fitted with oak units under Corian worktops, an integrated dishwasher, built-in Neff equipment including an induction hob with extractor over, electric oven, combination oven/microwave with warming drawer and coffee machine, and a hot drinking water tap over the integral 1 ½ bowl sink. Space for an American-style fridge/freezer. Separate utility room with units to match the kitchen, a butlers sink, space for appliances and a door out to the side;
- triple-aspect drawing room with bi-fold doors opening out to the garden terrace, having the effect of 'bringing the outside in', and an integrated surround sound system;
- two further living rooms, suitable for a variety of uses;
- master bedroom with a dressing room and an en suite bathroom and a delightful outlook over the rear garden and adjoining fields;
- 4 further double bedrooms, one with an en suite wet room and one with an en suite cloakroom, and a family bathroom on the first floor;
- 31'10" second floor bedroom/games room, with eaves storage, Velux windows to the rear and an adjoining store room with potential for conversion to a bathroom, subject to any necessary consents.
The property is accessed from the road over a gravel driveway leading via close-boarded gates to a parking and turning area in front of the double garage. The front garden is mainly laid to lawn, with an ornamental pond with water feature adjacent to the house. A sandstone path leads from the driveway wrapping around three sides of the house, giving access to the front door and to the garden to the rear.
The sandstone paving widens out to create a generous terrace across the back of the house, accessed via bi-fold doors from the drawing room and kitchen/dining/family room and providing a sheltered and private area for outdoor living and entertaining. A level lawn stretches behind the terrace, with an addtional decked terrace offering a further seating area and the land rising beyond to an upper level of garden bordering fields to two sides.
Agent's Note: Whilst the property postal address is Tunbridge Wells (Kent), Cheriton Lodge is actually located in the county of East Sussex.
Services: Thermodynamic solar central heating and hot water. Solar PV electricity with feed-in tariff, mains electricity and water connected. Private drainage.
Outgoings: Wealden District Council: 01892 653311. Tax Band F.
Viewing: Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view th e property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 3,642 sq ft
Acreage: 0.99 Acres
From central Tunbridge Wells, follow the London Road (A26) South. Continue straight over the first roundabout and at the second roundabout take the second exit (right) onto Major Yorks Road. At the top of hill turn left at the mini roundabout onto the A264 towards Langton Green, East Grinstead and Groombridge.
Follow this road through Langton Green (when it becomes the B2110) down the hill into Groombridge village. At the mini roundabout, bear right onto the Withyham Road and take the left hand turn (effectively straight on) at the sharp right-hand bend once out of the village. The driveway to Cheriton Lodge can be found after about a mile on the left-hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-41633040.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS140398. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.