5 bedroom farm house for saleBroadwoodwidger, Lifton
Withdrawn from Market £725,000
- Charming five bedroom Barton house, Grade II* listed and full of character.
- Three traditional barns with scope for planning potential
- 26.67 acres of pasture in useful sized fields and paddocks, plus broad-leaf woodland
- Many original features including inglenook fireplace, mullion windows and exposed beams
- South facing garden with ample parking, rose garden, rear courtyard and range of outbuildings
- Up to 315.97 acres, plus further 4 bed house and range of buildings available by separate negotiation
Upcott Barton Farmhouse (Lot 1)
Upcott Barton Farmhouse is a five bedroom house in private setting with pretty views over the surrounding farmland. Grade II* Listed, mentioned in the Doomsday Book and referred to by the Reverend Baring-Gould (local 17th century novelist and scholar) in his 1890 work on country houses, Upcott Barton is full of charm and character.
Surrounded by a former dairy unit and range of traditional barns there is comfortable scope for wider landscaping and alternative use. With just over 26 acres of ring-fenced land surrounding, the ability to use the land and buildings for equine, amenity and recreational purposes, is possible along with running the Property as a smallholding.
Upcott Barton Farmhouse occupies a rural position near the villages of St.Giles-On-The-Heath, Broadwoodwidger and Lifton provide a range of local facilities including shops, post office, primary schools and public houses. The dramatic North Cornish coast with its sandy beaches and surfing hotspots is a short distance away and in the opposite direction are the wide open spaces for walking and riding upon Bodmin Moor and Dartmoor. To the south are the hidden treasures of the Tamar Valley steeped in 18th Century mining history. Roadford Reservoir is nearby with its lakeside café and water sports centre.
The former market town of Launceston is the nearest town providing a full range of social, recreational and shopping facilities. There are good private schools at Launceston, Tavistock and Truro.
Consultation has been undertaken with the local planning authority and conservation officer regarding the three traditional barns and this consultation has provided us with indicative favourable support from both consultees regarding residential development.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 6738952. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Kivells, Launceston. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.