3 bedroom end of terrace house for saleQueens Road, Banbury
Sold STC £270,000
- Charming Victorian house
- Three bedrooms
- Double glazing
- Gas cental heating
- Close to town centre
- Character features
- Converted basement
- Side access
Full descriptionA CHARACTERFUL VICTORIAN TOWNHOUSE WITH ACCOMMODATION ARRANGED OVER THREE FLOORS AND A BEAUTIFUL MATURE REAR GARDEN LOCATED ON THIS HIGHLY REGARDED ROAD CLOSE TO PEOPLES PARK AND THE TOWN CENTRE.
Entrance hallway, sitting room, dining room, fitted modern kitchen, study and family room located in the former basement, three bedrooms, family bathroom, double glazing, gas central heating, large mature rear garden.
<stylerun fontsize=20>£270,000 FREEHOLD</stylerun>
Banbury town centre 0.25 miles
Banbury train station 1 mile
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 2 miles
Oxford 24 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone 52 mins by rail
Banbury to Oxford 17 mins by rail
Banbury to Birmingham 50 mins by rail
Directions - From Banbury Cross proceed along West Bar and into the Broughton Road. Turn right into bath Road, left into Park Road and Queens Road will be found as the first turning on the right. Continue down Queens Road for approximately 200' where the property will be found on the left hand side.
Situation - BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
The Property - 40 QUEENS ROAD is a characterful and charming Victorian townhouse which is pleasantly located on this popular street close to Peoples Park and the town centre. The accommodation is arranged over three floors with two useful reception rooms at basement level and a pleasant sitting room and dining room on the first floor. The kitchen is fitted with high gloss modern units and opens onto the rear garden. On the first floor there are three good sized bedrooms and a family bathroom which is fitted with a smart suite.
We have prepared a floorplan to show the room sizes and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features include:
* Popular location.
* Characterful features including some original doors, stripped wooden floorboards, open fireplaces and exposed brickwork.
* At basement level there are two useful reception rooms, one which would make a superb family room and the other a useful study.
* On the first floor there are two reception rooms at the front having an attractive bay window. The dining room has stripped wooden floorboards, an open fireplace with a bricked chimney breast and a door leading into the kitchen.
* The kitchen is fitted with a range of modern high gloss white slabbed eye level units and base cabinets and drawers with wooden work surfaces over housing a single bowl sink and draining board and a four ring gas hob with an extractor hood over. There is a built-in double oven and space and plumbing for a dishwasher and washing machine. The boiler is located behind one of the cabinets and there is a door leading into the rear garden.
* On the first floor landing there is a hatch and ladder giving access to the attic space which has been partially converted and has heating and a velux window.
* The master bedroom is located at the front and has an attractive fireplace, a bay window to the front and a range of built-in wardrobes.
* there are two further bedrooms on this floor and the family bathroom has been fitted with a smart white suite.
* Outside the property to the rear there is large mature garden which extends to approximately 125' in length. The garden is beautifully laid out with a paved seating area adjoining the house which leads onto a pretty landscaped area with well stocked flower and plant borders which in turn leads onto the larger area of lawned garden. At the side of the garden there is a private passageway which is owned by numbers 40 & 39. We understand that this is used very infrequently.
Services - All mains services are connected. The boiler is located in the kitchen.
Local Authority - Cherwell District Council. Council tax band B.
Viewing - Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agents Note - All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation - Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
Epc - A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41710815.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26248850. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Anker & Partners, Banbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.