6 bedroom detached house for saleBrenchley Road, Brenchley, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12
Sold STC £995,000
- newly-built detached family home
- well-placed for schools
- 2.3 miles Paddock Wood MLS
- 6 bedrooms
- 2,424 sq ft
- 2 reception rooms
- kitchen/dining room
- detached double garage
- South-facing garden
- EPC Rating = B
A newly-built detached family house, well-placed for schools and commuting, on the edge of Brenchley village.
Brenchley's pretty High Street and the primary school are approximately 600 yards away, whilst Paddock Wood mainline station, offering commuters frequent services to London Charing Cross, Cannon Street and London Bridge in around 50 minutes, is just 2.3 miles from the property.
Brenchley is a delightful and historic village with a strong local community, primary school, church, pubs and a selection of shops. Matfield (about 2.5 miles) offers further local amenities. Paddock Wood with its mainline station, bus terminal and good shopping (including Waitrose) is about 2.3 miles, whilst Tunbridge Wells (7.5 miles) and Tonbridge (8.5 miles) offer more comprehensive facilities.
State and private schools: Brenchley and Matfield Primary School in the village. Preparatory schools include Dulwich Prep (Cranbrook), Marlborough House and St Ronan's (Hawkhurst) and the schools at Somerhill, near Tonbridge. Secondary schools include Kent College (Pembury), and grammar schools in Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Maidstone and Cranbrook. Public schools in Sevenoaks and Tonbridge.
Communications: The A21 (3 miles) links North to the M25 and on to London, Gatwick and Heathrow Airports, whilst Ashford International Station (27 miles) and the Channel Tunnel (52 miles) lie to the East.
- entrance porch
- reception hall
- sitting room
- kitchen/dining room
- utility room
- shower room
- master bedroom with en suite shower room
- 3 further first floor bedrooms
- family bathroom
- 2 second floor bedrooms
- second floor bathroom
- detached double garage
- store room
- south-facing garden
- driveway parking
- 10 year NHBC guarantee
- about 0.21 acres
Completed in April 2016, and built to the vendor's own specification, this individual, light and bright family house offers stylishly-presented accommodation over three floors with contemporary fixtures and fittings, including well-appointed bathrooms, and a neutral colour scheme, with an exterior finish of Sussex bricks and hand-made English clay tiles. Further points of note include:
- light and well-proportioned rooms, triple-glazed windows, engineered oak flooring to the majority of the rooms and underfloor heating throughout the ground floor, with radiators to the first and second floors;
- spacious sitting room featuring a wood burning stove, bay window to the front and French doors out to the terrace;
- open plan kitchen/dining room with French doors out to the terrace, a large window to the garden and fitted with stylish units, a larder cupboard, a stainless steel double sink, an island unit with a separate sink, Neff twin electric ovens, a Neff induction hob, a Neff microwave, a Bosch dishwasher and space and plumbing for an American-style fridge/freezer;
- separate utility room with fitted cupboards, space for white goods and a door out to the side of the house;
- master bedroom on the first floor with an outlook over the garden at the rear and a bay window to the front, a built-in wardrobe and a shower room;
- three further first floor double bedrooms (one with built-in wardrobe) and a family bathroom;
- second floor landing with a "sun tube" enhancing the natural light and two large eaves storage cupboards;
- two double second floor bedrooms with roof skylights and eaves cupboards;
- second floor family bathroom;
- detached double garage with boarded roof space, electric door and a workshop/garden store to the side.
Hillside sits within a South-facing plot of about 0.21 acres, screened to the boundaries by high fencing and mixed hedging. A wide sandstone terrace spans the rear, accessed from the main living areas and merging to a good-sized level lawn. A brick drive way to the front sets the property back from the road and provides good parking and a turning space in front of the garage.
Services: Oil-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage. Solar panels heating the water.
Outgoings: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Tax Band "G" to be confirmed.
Hillside has a right of way over the first part of the driveway from the road which is owned by the neighbouring property. Land registry plans of the boundaries will be finalised at the point of sale.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the prope rty has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 2,424 sq ft
Acreage: 0.21 Acres
From the A21/A264 Pembury junction at Tunbridge Wells head South on the A21. At the Kippings Cross roundabout turn left towards Matfield on the B2160, and continue through Matfield, then turn right onto the Brenchley Road. Travel on this road until you reach the Brenchley and Matfield Primary School on your left. Soon after this take the left hand fork continuing along Brenchley Road. Hillside will be found after approximately ¼ mile on the right-hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-41736534.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS150101. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.