3 bedroom cottage for saleLiphook Road, Haslemere, Surrey, GU27
- Inner Hall & Cloakroom
- Study/Family Room
- Sitting Room with open fireplace
- Large Living Room with open fire
- Spacious Shaker Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- Cellar (restricted head height)
- Elegant Galleried Landing with stained glass window
- Three Double Bedrooms
- One En Suite & Family Bathroom
- Loft Room
An INTRIGUING 18th century GRADE II LISTED attached cottage steeped in history and period features with large gardens conveniently situated for all amenities and main line station
Brookbank Cottage was originally one of a pair of farm workers cottages that was constructed in 1730. It was combined with its neighbour and enlarged in the 1860s to provide a spacious and elegant home with a high arched ceiling, stained glass windows and two ground floor fireplaces which are documented as coming from the Carlton Hotel. The house was divided in the 1960s by J&L Hutchinson and in recent years has been further enlarged with the addition of a conservatory, enlargement to the kitchen and the recent construction of an impressive oak barn garage with multi-purpose room over.
Anne Gilchrist bought the house in 1862, a member of the London Literary Society and introduced many friends and famous names to Haslemere including Alfred Lord Tennyson and George Eliot who rented the cottage where she wrote 'Middlemarch Book One'. There is a Haslemere Society Blue Plaque attached to the cottage signifying this event.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26255562. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Clarke Gammon Wellers, Haslemere. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.