3 bedroom character property for saleCooks Lane, Scremby, Spilsby
Offers in Excess of £270,000
- CHARMING DETACHED THATCHED COTTAGE
- 3/4 BEDROOMS
- APPROX 1/3 OF AN ACRE PLOT
- GRADE II LISTED
- VIEWS OVER OPEN PARK & PASTURE LAND
- SERVED BY MAINS GAS
This unique Grade II listed character thatched cottage is situated in approx 1/3 of an acre (s.t.s) in the village of Scremby and enjoys open views over park land. The accommodation comprises in brief Entrance Hall, Lounge, Kitchen, Dining Room/Bedroom 4, Bathroom and 3 further Bedrooms.
DETACHED GRADE II LISTED CHARACTER COTTAGE WITH VIEWS OVER PARK LAND TO THE FRONT AND PASTURE LAND TO THE REAR.
This unique, Grade II thatched country cottage is situated in an idyllic location within the attractive hamlet of Scremby which is located approximately 2 miles from the thriving, historic market town of Spilsby and its amenities. The adjoining village of Skendleby has a public house and general store facility, church and village hall. Moat Cottage is situated in the Lincolnshire Wolds which is designated an area of outstanding natural beauty.
With wooden side entrance door, radiator, ceiling mounted lighting, ceiling mounted beams, staircase rising to first floor, under stairs storage area, feature arched window with leaded light detailing, wall mounted central heating thermostat, feature stone flooring, 4 power points, wooden door with leaded light inset leading to the: -
Lounge 12' 4" maximum x 11' 11" ( 3.76m maximum x 3.63m )
With 3 feature arched windows, radiator, 3 wall light points, 4 power points, beamed ceiling, living flame coal effect gas stove with slate hearth and attractive display surround.
Breakfast Kitchen 12' 10" x 11' 11" ( 3.91m x 3.63m )
With fitted kitchen comprising roll edge work surfaces with tiled splashbacks and inset sink and drainer unit with mixer tap, range of solid wooden base cupboards and drawers, matching eye level wall units including wall mounted display cabinets, plumbing for dishwasher, integrated 5 ring gas hob with extractor fan, integrated waist height fan assisted oven and grill, space for twin height fridge freezer, radiator, ceiling light point, built-in airing cupboard housing the hot water cylinder and immersion heater, recess with feature wooden fire surround suitable for Rayburn, tiled flooring with under floor heating, telephone point, 8 power points.
Ground Floor Bathroom
With 3 piece suite comprising pedestal wash hand basin, low level WC, 2 steps up to the roll top claw foot bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, window with leaded glass detailing, ceiling light point, radiator.
Bedroom 4 / Dining Room 8' 7" x 9' 10" ( 2.62m x 3.00m )
With window, radiator, ceiling light point with ornamental ceiling rose and pull light switch, 3 power points.
Ground Floor Bedroom 3 10' 11" x 11' 11" ( 3.33m x 3.63m )
With window, radiator, ceiling light point, telephone point and 2 power points.
First Floor Landing
With staircase rising for Reception Hall, fitted bookshelves and beamed ceiling.
Bedroom 1 12' with reduced head height x 11' 9" with reduced head height ( 3.66m with reduced head height x 3.58m with reduced head height )
With 2 feature arched picture windows, exposed ceiling beams, TV aerial point, 5 power points.
Bedroom 2 11' 10" with reduced head height x 7' 1" ( 3.61m with reduced head height x 2.16m )
With exposed ceiling beams, 4 power points, wall light point, walkway leading to the: -
With reduced head height. With low level WC, wall mounted wash hand basin with tiled splashback, fitted vanity mirror, exposed ceiling beams, extractor fan, wall light point.
Adjoining External Store
With fitted Belfast sink, plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer.
The property sits in approximately a third of an acre (s.t.s) of domestic gardens and is approached from the roadway over a gravelled driveway which sweeps to the side and gives access to the rear. There is also a gravelled hardstanding area to the rear for numerous vehicles.
The side gardens are mainly laid to lawn with mature shrubs and bushes. The front gardens are a typical cottage garden, mainly laid to lawn with mature plants. A flagged and bricked pathway leads via a wooden gate to the side entrance door.
The gardens to the right hand side of the property are mainly laid to lawn with well stocked mature borders, hedging and a flagged patio area. The gardens are served by external lighting
The views to the front of the property overlook park land and the Wolds countryside beyond, whilst the views to the rear or over undulating pasture land with trees forming a backdrop.
Timber Garden Shed
To be included in the sale.
To be included in the sale.
The Vendor informs the Agent that the property is served by mains gas, water and electricity. Drainage is to a septic tank.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BWB107822. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Boston. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.