5 bedroom house for saleLordswell Lane, Crowborough, East Sussex, TN6
Guide Price £795,000
- 5 bedroom character property
- 2.3 miles Crowborough mainline station
- close to the Golf Course
- 2 reception rooms
- 2,410 sq ft
- study and garden room
- kitchen/breakfast room and utility
- delightful mature garden
- EPC Rating = E
A charming 4 bedroom period house located close to the Golf Club on the southern edge of Crowborough,
about 2.3 miles from the mainline station
Queensbury is situated in a no-through private road on the southern edge of Crowborough, close to the golf course which has a network of footpaths over the Common and can be accessed at the end of Lordswell Lane. The local hospital lies about 0.3 of a mile away and there is a good choice of local pubs.
Crowborough town (1.4 miles) offer a wide range of everyday services, including Waitrose, Lidl and Morrisons supermarkets. Tunbridge Wells, (8.4) miles offers a wider range of high street shops, together with an excellent choice of leisure and entertainment facilities.
Private and state schools:
St Mary's Catholic Primary school and Ashdown Primary School, Holmewood House and The Mead Preparatories, The Beacon Academy (Crowborough), Bedes Senior School (Upper Dicker), Eastbourne College, Mayfield School for Girls, Kent College Pembury and Tonbridge. Kent grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge, selective admission by academic performance.
Crowborough at Jarvis Brook (about 2.3 miles): London Bridge from 59 minutes or Tunbridge Wells (about 9.3 miles): Charing Cross and Cannon Street from 50 minutes.
Communications: The A26 provides access to the A21 and thereby to the M25, Gatwick and Heathrow Airports and the Channel Tunnel Terminus. Brighton and the South Coast are easily accessible via the A26 South bound.
- entrance porch
- reception hall
- 2 reception rooms
- garden room
- kitchen/breakfast room
- utility room
- boot room
- master bedroom with en suite bathroom
- 3 further bedrooms
- dressing room/bedroom 5
- family bath/shower room
- integral garage
- mature garden
- EPC = E
An individual home, dating back to the Victorian period with a cleverly amalgamated 18th Century chapel forming the unique North "wing". The property is beautifully presented, having been carefully improved with contemporary fixtures and fittings which complement the many distinctive character features, and is ideally placed for the open spaces of the Golf Club and the centre of Crowborough, with its good range of amenities.
For commuters, the mainline station at Jarvis Brook is about 2.3 miles from the property and there is a good choice of schools in the vicinity. Further points of note include:
- high ceilings and large windows, including some sash, enchancing the natural light and framing a lovely outlook to the rear over the garden and view beyond;
- part panelled reception hall with balustrade staircase;
- drawing room to the front with a big bay window, pretty fireplace with tiled slips, wood surround and mantel and built-in bookshelves to either side;
- sitting room with a fireplace with a carved wood surround and mantel;
- delightful light-filled garden room with wide sliding doors opening to the garden terrace and a stunning mature grape vine adorning the ceiling. The grape vine theme is continued in the bespoke carved architraves of the door opening through to the older part of the house;
- stylish kitchen/breakfast room with a view to the garden and fitted with painted wood country units with granite work tops, Belfast sink and a two oven gas-fired Aga. Space for a dishwasher and a separate utility room with quarry-tiled floor, space for further white goods and a boot room off giving access to the garden;
- the former chapel section is accessed from the garden room, comprising a characterful study on the ground floor with gothic arched glazed doors opening out to the garden, pine joinery and a "private" balustrade staircase up to the second floor master bedroom suite above. This striking room enjoys far- reaching view through arched windows to the East and is fitted with a bank of bespoke wardrobes of gothic design to the back wall, with a discreet door opening through to an en suite bathroom;
- the remaining three bedrooms, dressing room/bedroom 5 and a well-appointed family bathroom are accessed via the main staircase, although there is a link through one bedroom into the master suite, allowing for flexible use;
- integral garage accessed internally from the study.
The pretty established garden is well-stocked with perennials and mature shrubs and trees and stretches down via steps from the rear, to two level terraces with areas of lawn. An ivy covered pergola on the top terrace provides shade in the summer and a lovely vantage point accessed directly from the house from which to enjoy the view.
Services: Gas-fired central heating. Mains electricity, water and drainage.
Wealden District Council: 01892 653311. Tax Band G.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1.They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or represent¿ations of fact. 2.Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 2,410 sq ft
From Tunbridge Wells proceed South on the A26 towards Crowborough. Continue straight over the traffic lights at Crowborough Cross towards towards Uckfield. After about one mile, turn left into South View Road by the Crowborough Beacon Golf Club. Turn right after about 0.3 of a mile into Lordswell Lane and Queensbury will be found after a short distance on the left. Parking is available immediately outside the property, or South View Lane offers further space.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41887335.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160102. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.