4 bedroom character property for saleRISBURY
HOLLYWELL FARM, STOKE PRIOR, NR LEOMINSTER, HEREFORDSHIRE
This splendid country residence occupies a secluded rural location amidst unspoilt north Herefordshire countryside about a mile from the village of Stoke Prior, between the Cathedral City of Hereford (11 miles) and the Market Town of Leominster (4 miles).
Within Stoke Prior there is a church, primary school, sub post office, public house and 2 nearby Golf courses.
The original half-timbered cottage has been significantly extended and now provides very spacious and immaculately presented accommodation with uPVC double-glazing and oil central heating, which briefly comprises: Reception Hall, Lounge, Dining Room, large Farmhouse Kitchen, Rear Hall, Laundry Area, downstairs Shower Room with WC, Utility Room, Study, 4 good-size Bedrooms (1 with en-suite shower room), Bathroom and a Detached Double Garage.
Hollywell Farm stands in superbly stocked Arboretum-style formal gardens and there is a large pasture paddock. The whole extends to approximately 5 acres (2.02 hectares), and is more particularly described as follows: -
G R O U N D F L O O R
A double-glazed uPVC door leads to the
RECEPTION HALL with tiled floor, exposed timbering.18' 10'' x 9' 0'' ( 5.74m x 2.7m) with understairs storage cupboard, 2 radiators, telephone point, window and door to the
LOUNGE 24' 3'' x 13' 6'' ( 7.39m x 4.1m) having a recessed fireplace with brick arch, quarry tiled hearth and Jotul woodburning stove (not connected), downlighters, 3 radiators, windows to 2 elevations and door and full-length picture window to rear garden.
DINING ROOM 19' 0'' x 10' 7'' ( 5.79m x 3.2m) having fire place with brick surround, recess for TV/video, etc and quarry tiled hearth, radiator, downlighters, telephone point and window to rear.
LARGE FARMHOUSE KITCHEN 25' 0'' x 14' 0''
( 7.62m x 4.3m) with a wealth of exposed ceiling and wall timbers, tiled floor and fitted with a range of matching base and wall units with worksurfaces and tiled splashbacks, sink unit (h&c), built-in electric oven, 4-ring electric hob, built-in refrigerator, brick recess housing the oil-fired central heating boiler, breakfast bar, radiator, spotlight fitments, 4 windows, Walk in Storage Cupboard, side entrance door and panelled-glazed door to the
INNER HALL with tiled floor, radiator, base unit, pine-panelled ceiling and cloaks cupboard with light.
DOWNSTAIRS SHOWER ROOM/WC with tiled shower area with Mira shower fitment, wash hand basin and WC, radiator, tiled floor and window.
STUDY 7' 6'' x 6' 9'' (2.39m x 0.0m) with 2 windows, radiator and telephone point.
LAUNDRY AREA 11' 4'' x 4' 5'' ( 3.45m x 1.3m) with tiled floor, base and wall units with worksurfaces, sink unit with mixer tap (h&c), plumbing for automatic washing machine, window and panelled-glazed door to the
UTILITY ROOM 12' x 14' 10(3.66m x 3.7m) with tiled floor, range of fitted base and wall mounted units, light, side entrance door and windows, and currently divided by a partition to make 2 rooms.
A staircase leads from the Reception Hall to the
F I R S T F L O O R
LANDING with pine-panelled ceiling and radiator.
MASTER BEDROOM 25' 0'' x 11' 5'' (7.62m x 3.5m) with range of mirror-fronted built-in wardrobes, wealth of exposed ceiling and wall timbers, 2 radiators, 3 windows, telephone point, cupboard housing the hot water cylinder and EN-SUITE SHOWER ROOM having tiled shower cubicle with Mira shower fitment and glass screen, wash hand basin (h&c), WC, exposed timbering, shaver light/point, radiator and window.
BEDROOM 2 13' 0'' x 13' 3'' (3.96m x 4m) with windows to 2 elevations and radiator.
BEDROOM 3 14' 4'' x 10' 7'' ( 4.37m x 3.2m) with 2 large walk-in storage cupboards, double wardrobe, further storage cupboard with shelving over, radiator and window overlooking the gardens.
BEDROOM 4 10' 10'' x 11' 6'' (3.3m x 3.5m) with built-in wardrobes, radiator and windows to 2 elevations.
BATHROOM having a white suite comprising corner bath (h&c), wash hand basin (h&c) and WC, exposed timbering, partly tiled walls and window.
O U T S I D E
The property is approached via a large tarmacadam parking and turning area, and there is a DETACHED GARAGE 19' 2'' x 18' 0'' ( 5.84m x 5.5m) with 2 windows, remote controlled up-and-over door, light, power and side door.
The gardens are a prime feature of the property and lie predominantly to the south and eastern side of the property. They have been beautifully landscaped and are stocked with an extensive variety of specimen shrubs and trees, with extensive lawns, a productive vegetable and soft fruit garden, an ornamental pond, a variety of broad leaf trees, silver birch, foxglove, japanese acers, mulberry etc and fruit trees (plum, cherry, pear and damson). Beyond the gardens there is a large, gently sloping, pasture paddock enclosed by fencing and mature hedging. Garden shed. Outside lighting and water tap.
The whole extends in all to 5 acres (2.02 hectares).
Metered water and mains electricity are connected. Private drainage system. Oil-fired central heating.
Telephone (subject to transfer regulations).
Council Tax is Band 'F'. Water and drainage rates are payable.
The fitted carpets are included in the purchase price.
From Hereford proceed initially towards Worcester on the A4103 (Aylestone Hill) and at the mini roundabout at the foot of Aylestone Hill take the 2nd exit signposted Sutton St Nicholas and Bodenham. Continue through both the villages to the T-junction (with the England's Gate public house on your left-hand side) and turn left onto the A417. Take the right-hand turning into Bowley Lane (opposite the filling station) and continue for 2½ miles then turn left signposted Hollywell Farm. Follow this track for ¼ mile then turn right and continue for another ¼ mile to the end of the road into the drive for Hollywell Farm.
Strictly by appointment through the Agents, Flint & Cook, Hereford (01432) 355455.
MONDAY - FRIDAY 9.00 am - 5.30 pm
SATURDAY 9.00 am - 2.00 pm
1. These particulars are prepared for the guidance only of prospective purchasers. They are intended to give a fair and overall description of the property and do not constitute the whole or any part of an offer or contract.
2. Any information contained herein (whether in text, plans or photographs) is given in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement or representation of fact.
3. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good condition or otherwise nor that any services or facilities are in good working order.
4. Any movable contents, fixtures and fittings, (whether wired or not) referred to in these property particulars (including any shown in the photographs) are, unless the particulars say otherwise, excluded from the sale. In the event that the buyer proposes to purchase any movable contents or include them in any offer for the property, the buyer cannot in any respect imply any such inclusion from the property particulars.
5. Any areas, measurements or distances referred to herein are approximate only and may be subject to amendment.
6. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and these matters must be verified by an intending purchaser.
7. The information in these particulars is given without responsibility on the part of the agents or their clients and neither the agents nor their employees have any authority to make or give any representations or warranties whatever in relation to this property.
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference GKY0009234. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Flint & Cook, Hereford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.