Land for saleSt. Issey, Wadebridge, Cornwall
- 20.5 acres (8.3 hectares)
- Modern three bedroom detached farmhouse subject to an Agricultural Occupancy Condition.
- Attachd Physiotherapy Treatment Centre with potential for conversion to a two bedroom annex, subject to relevant planning permissions.
- Successful canine hydrotherapy business, available by separate negotiation.
- 80' x 80' livestock building incorporating site of canine hydrotherapy business.
- Stabling for 8 horses with additional field shelters and a 60m x 30m sand school.
- Site of telecommunications mast which generates approximately £4850 per annum.
- In all extending to about 20.51 acres
- For sale as a whole or in two lots by Private Treaty.
Higher Hawksland Farm offers prospective purchasers the opportunity to acquire a versatile equestrian, residential and livestock holding, with the additional benefit of the option to purchase a well-established and profitable canine hydrotherapy business.
Higher Hawksland Farm is offered for sale by Private Treaty as a whole or in two lots.
Higher Hawksland Farm is nestled in the picturesque Cornish countryside, in an attractive yet highly accessible rural location. The property benefits from having no near neighbours and is situated approximately 3.5 miles from the centre of Wadebridge, which is a well serviced town, offering a range of shopping, social and scholastic facilities, including pre-schools, primary schools and secondary schools.
The popular harbour town of Padstow, which is home to celebrity chef Rick Stein, is situated approximately 5.5 miles to the north west. The property is within easy reach of the North Cornish coastline, including sandy beaches at Harlyn (6.5 miles), Constantine Bay (7 miles) and Porthcothan (8 miles).
There is good access onto the A39 (Atlantic Highway), which is less than 1/2 mile to the south of the property and there is a main line rail link to London Paddington from Bodmin, as well as an airport at Newquay which provides internal shuttle flights to London Gatwick and Stanstead.
LOT 1 HIGHER HAWKSLAND FARMHOUSE, FARM BUILDINGS AND ABOUT 8.45 ACRES
Higher Hawksland Farmhouse is an attractive double storey farmhouse, of cavity wall construction, with rendered elevations, under a slate roof. Built in the 1990s and benefitting from double glazing throughout, the farmhouse offers accommodation comprising, front door leading to a small lobby and spacious HALL. Off the Hall is a triple aspect SITTING ROOM with wood burner and oak floor; SUN ROOM with trifold hardwood doors and direct access into the garden; and KITCHEN/DINING ROOM with modern fitted units and Heritage cooker, which also provides the water and heating for the house.
Off the Kitchen is a hallway which leads to a UTILITY ROOM, with external door and a downstairs SHOWER ROOM. The hallway also provides direct access into the physiotherapy treatment centre.
On the first floor, the house currently offers accommodation of a FAMILY BATHROOM, airing and storage cupboard, ENSUITE MASTER BEDROOM and a further TWO DOUBLE BEDROOMS.
Attached to the farmhouse is a single storey extension which was built at the same time as the main farmhouse and to the same specification. The extension is currently used as a physiotherapy treatment centre, incorporating a spacious RECEPTION AREA, OFFICE, SHOWER ROOM and TWO TREATMENT ROOMS. Subject to the necessary planning consents, the physiotherapy treatment centre could easily be converted to provide a two bedroom annex.
Outside, the farmhouse benefits from an attractive and spacious lawned garden, edged by an impressive beech hedge. The farmhouse also benefits from off road parking to the rear of the property, as well as an area of amenity woodland and a delightful summer house with small pond and vegetable patch.
Situated to the north of the farmhouse, is an 80 x 80 (24.38m x 23.38m) modern farm building with additional extensions. The farm building is predominantly of steel frame construction, with timber cladding under a sheeting roof and is divided internally as follows:
1. Canine hydrotherapy centre with reception area/ office with double glazed windows and doors, and insulated hydrotherapy room with paved floor and hydrotherapy equipment, including a Westcoast 12 x 12 (3.66m x 3.66m) hydrotherapy pool, Westcoast hydro spa and Westcoast treadmill.
2. Attached WC and pump room.
3. Livestock housing & straw store with additional loose boxes.
4. Lean to boat shed/ workshop.
5. 5 loose box stables with concrete floors and automatic drinkers. Further foaling box, tack room and shoeing/wash off box.
The buildings are serviced by two secondary access drives off the council road. These provide an element of privacy and natural division from Higher Hawksland Farmhouse. The property also boasts a well maintained 60m x 30m sand school, which is situated to the west if the farmhouse and buildings, and benefits an all-weather sand and rubber surface, judges box and overhead lighting.
The land with Lot 1 is predominantly gently sloping permanent pastureland, which lies within a single enclosure and is currently used for grazing livestock and horses. In all, Lot 1 extends to about 8.45 acres (3.42 hectares) and is coloured pink on the attached plan.
LOT 2 12.06 ACRES OF PASTURELAND AND SITE OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS MAST
Situated to the north and west of Lot 1, and benefiting from a separate access, is Lot 2, which comprises two gently sloping permanent pasture fields which are classified as Grade III on the Agricultural Land Classification maps, together with the site of a telecommunications mast. The mast site is let on a 20 year lease which expires in 2020 and currently generates approximately £4850 per annum. Lot 2 is coloured in blue on the attached plan.
We wish to make potential purchasers aware that the physiotherapy business and canine hydrotherapy business are available by separate negotiation. Please note that all of the equipment associated with the businesses (including the hydrotherapy pool, hydro spa and treadmill) are not included in the sale of the farm. The canine hydrotherapy business is well established, with links to the major veterinary practices in Cornwall. Further details can be found at www.hawkslandhydro.co.uk. Please also note that the field shelters and mobile home are not included in the sale of the farm.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42194328.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TRR160003. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, Truro. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.