3 bedroom semi-detached house for saleBroadwater Down, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2
Guide Price £925,000
- character period property
- mainline station 0.8 miles
- delightful mature garden
- private forecourt parking and a garage
- 2,525 sq ft
- 3 bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- kitchen and utility room
- EPC Rating = E
The rear portion of a Victorian mansion with a delightful garden, conveniently located for the mainline station
Dating back to the 1860s, Broadwater Down is an historic and sought-after wide tree-lined residential road with many period properties and lies within a conservation area on the South side of Tunbridge Wells. The town centre is easily accessible and offers an extensive range of shops, restaurants, bars and two theatres. The Pantiles and station are just under a mile away.
Schools in the area include The Mead, Rose Hill and Holmewood House preparatory schools, and the Kent grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge.
Tunbridge Wells mainline station (about one mile). London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street in under an hour.
The A21 to the North of Tunbridge Wells links to the London M25 orbital, the national motorway network, Gatwick and Heathrow airports and the Channel Tunnel.
- reception hall
- dining room
- sitting room
- family room
- utility room
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
Lower ground floor:
- bedroom with shower
- wine store
- private forecourt parking
- EPC = E
Comprising part of a striking Victorian mansion, Grange Cottage is a charming family home situated in this sought-after residential area on the South side of Tunbridge Wells, within one mile of the mainline station and well-placed for schools.
The adaptable accommodation is arranged over three floors, with a modern extension on the ground floor providing well-proportioned living space enjoying an outlook over a pretty cottage garden to the rear. A generous lower ground floor offers scope for creating self-contained ancillary space, benefitting from a private entrance to the side. Further points of note include:
- high ceilings and period features including sash windows in the older sections, wood panel doors and pretty fireplaces (some not in use);
- character front entrance opening into a spacious reception hall with parquet flooring;
- dining room, partly open plan to a sitting room featuring a bronzed fireplace with tiled slips depicting a mountain scene and fitted with a gas-fired coal effect fire;
- kitchen enjoying a lovely outlook over the garden, wood flooring and fitted with stylish units under granite work tops. Appliances include an electric 4-ring hob, an electric oven with warming drawer below, a microwave, a fridge and a dishwasher. A separate utility room provides space for a washing machine;
- family room partly open plan to the kitchen, creating well-proportioned informal space, with doors opening out to the garden;
- two good-sized bedrooms with built-in wardrobes, a bathroom and a shower room on the first floor;
- the lower ground floor currently comprises a study, bedroom three with a shower, a cloakroom and a wine store. There is a dedicated external door on this level opening out to the East side of the house, offering the option to create a private suite.
A delightful cottage garden wraps around the property on three sides, with the majority benefitting from a southerly aspect with a well-screened backdrop of high mixed hedging and fencing providing privacy and shelter to the boundaries.
A brick terrace spans the rear, accessed from the family room and merging into a small area of lawn. The well-stocked borders support a colourful and fragrant array of herbaceous perennials, mature shrubs and trees including flowering cherry, weigela, laburnum, philadelphus, camellia, specimen acers, clematis and honeysuckle. A traditional well-tended kitchen garden lies to the side, accessed via a brick pathway.
A gravel drive to the front provides parking for two to three cars and the freehold title includes an en bloc garage.
The property is approached from Broadwater Down through an impressive entrance and a tree-lined driveway.
The neighbouring portion of the mansion is divided into two flats, with one having a pedestrian right of access over the driveway for Grange Cottage.
Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Tax Band currently D (improvement indicator in place).
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 2,525 sq ft
Acreage: 0.14 Acres
From the Pantiles roundabout on the A26 in Tunbridge Wells head South on the A267 (Frant Road). After less than half a mile fork right onto Broadwater Down. The driveway to Grove Cottage will be found after a short distance on the left-hand side, designated by a stone pillared entrance. Continue along the drive and the entrance to Grove Cottage will be found at the end.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42261948.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160218. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.