Plot for salePenhallow, Truro, TR4
Offers in Region of
- Pleasant rural hamlet location in Cornwall
- 2.25 acre garden with gated entrance from lane and sweeping driveway constructed by current owner
- Surrounding area is primarily rural/agricultural with only sporadic further dwellings
- Conversion of existing stone building to 2 bedroom dwelling was approved with conditions: commenced
- Existing character stone building - approved conversion maintains overiding character
- Approved solution has inverted layout, with upstairs vaulted ceiling, exposed timbers, rural views
- Approved solution has sash windows, slate roof
- Opportunity for new owner to influence internal layout, fittings and finishes
- Self-build opportunity for new owner
- Potential for enhancement, small rural business, smallholding etc
***Price reduced from £200,000 to £185,000***
This property offers a rare opportunity in the rural hamlet of Penhallow. The current owner applied for and was granted approval with conditions (Planning Application PA12/12015) for a new private gated access and conversion of an existing stone building (originally built as a small chapel) to 2 bedroom dwelling set in 2.25 acres with a small stream along one boundary. The new gated access track and swale has already been constructed by the current owner; this leads from a lane across its 2.25 acre 'garden' to what will be the converted dwelling.
Building Regulations have been approved, the old roof has been removed and the building
has been gutted internally leaving a shell ready for the purchaser to undertake the
building works. The property might particularly appeal to a small builder/developer, self-builder and/or someone interested in running a small rural business, smallholding/horticulture, someone who enjoys the rural environment etc. The approved solution has inverted layout with upstairs vaulted ceiling/exposed beams.
In addition Truro, Newquay and Peranporth (2 to 3 miles) are close by, as are heritage coastline and many excellent surfing beaches, the nearest being Peranporth. Newquay Airport, Truro Rail Station and the A30 trunk road provide transport links to London, the South East and rest of country.
Electricity and water are currently provided to the Property.
A selection of photographs illustrate the property.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42316374.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference vwb-8mkm. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by eMoov.co.uk, National. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.